New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Anyone? How did you pay? For example in the US, how long it took the product to arrive here in the Philippines? To your home or in the post office? And, did the corrupt customs did something?

I tried CDs sa amazon.com it's ok. Never tried ebay before.

Let me know your stories.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    My ebay IDs are airshaq20 and airshaq23.

Never had probs but there might be probs if its gonna be shipped there in the Phils. I would suggest the following:

1. dont pay by check, money order or cash
    2. open an account with paypal and use your credit card (not debit card/checking acct)
    3. ask questions before bidding
    4. make sure the seller is willing to ship it to the philippines
    5. you will be in charge to pay for shipping/customs taxes/broker fees
    6. if you dont agree with the seller's conditions - dont bid
    7. check seller's feedback...stay away from sellers with too many negatives
    8. i wont suggest you to bid from new sellers (zero, 1, 2 or 3 feedbacks)
    9. ask how much he's charging for shipping before bidding
    10. ask the seller's method of shipment (UPS, USPS, Fedex; ground, 2nd day, overnight, etc)
    11. ask for pictures, descriptions
    12. if he's not really a seller - ask why he's selling the item

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for the advice. But the problem here is as far as I remember, Paypal doesn't include Philippines. I emailed them before about i, unless I'm not updated.

I have a checking account but it's scary as you've said.

That leaves me the option not to bid at all.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Unless you trust the seller, well..thats up to you..but..here's the thing...if they are fly-by-night sellers...and you bought an expensive item....you wont be able to get your money back....your negative feedback to the seller wont get your money back should the seller decide not to ship anything to you...He can also say he never received any payment and he can easily get away with it....thats money out of the drain...

What are you planning to bid on?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Guitar accessories and part which is not available here in the Philippines. It's expensive and hard to find, well not in ebay, it has everything. The seller's feedback is the first thing I look at, but it's a guarantee.

Oh well, gotta try other means.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try bidpay (bidpay.com) if they are ok with the Phils. Also, check the seller if he accepts bidpay. Also, dont send money thru western union.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'll check on bidpay. What's wrong with Western Union?

Back here, Western Union is the most trusted service. Any feedbacks?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Western Union has a bad rep here coz thats what racketeers from outside US use to purchase stuffs here. I never dealt with WU before so i cant really comment more on them. But say you sent money to the seller - seller picks up his money. But after that, he says he never got your the money?

But if its OK for you to lose a few bucks (maybe $50 maybe) then thats OK. But the best method of payment is when you can use your credit card (thru paypal, bidpay, etc) coz they (credit card companies) can protect your purchases. You can get your money back if you never receive your item by complaining to your CC.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well one thing about WU, mahal ng service fee... mas mura pa bank to bank transfer.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nasaseller lang yan kung gusto mo bumili...cguraduhin reputable ang seller and magaganda mga feedbacks.

i have shipped to australia, canada and europe(ireland/etc) from US sa ebay wala namang problem. medyo mahal nga lang ang shipping cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Anybody tried ebay.com?