New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Jeff,

dun sa SM North Edsa merun dati.... sa Annex where the computer shops are located - sa gitna yung repair shop.

you can also try HOTTOYZ sa St. Francis Square sa likod ng SM Megamall. Dun ka dumaan sa entrance sa side the J. Vargas tabi ng McDo.

From that entrance dalawa yung computer repair shops... one of which is Hottoyz. Maybe you can asko din both shops.

HP service center sa makati merun din... kaso badtrip experience ko dun.
    I kept calling HOTTOYZ sa St. Francis Square but no one is answering their phones. Finally I called their Delta Q. Ave branch and was told they don't fix laser printers.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Called PC Clinic in Pasig. The guy said I have to leave the printer for 3 days because they have to burn-in the printer after repairing it. I know burning in computers is part of the Q.A process. But burning in printers? The guy said that is because it has a heater and fuser.

First time I heard about this. Told him I will get back to him.

Damn. I didn't know getting a laser printer repaired can be this difficult. Maybe I ought to just buy a new one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Called PC Clinic in Pasig. The guy said I have to leave the printer for 3 days because they have to burn-in the printer after repairing it. I know burning in computers is part of the Q.A process. But burning in printers? The guy said that is because it has a heater and fuser.

First time I heard about this. Told him I will get back to him.

Damn. I didn't know getting a laser printer repaired can be this difficult. Maybe I ought to just buy a new one.
    I used to be HP-certified to repair hp laserprinters and we never had to "burn-in" a printer. We usually mention "observation" because we might have to do a few extended print tests or the problem might be intermittent (but for laser printers, it either works or doesn't work). Example was the early color laser printer which showed an error

Even our office HP1010, the right side suddenly became smudged in every print out. I checked the printer and the heater's teflon roller has become damaged & torn. Good thing I had another "defective" HP1010 (sensor error in the fuser assembly & spare part would cost more than the value of a new current model laserjet unit) and salvaged the teflon roller from that unit.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just buy a new one.

I had an HP 1000 and 1100 before. It's a terrible printer when you need bulks printed because it keeps having paper jams.

I disassembled it in an attempt to find out what is wrong with it. Apparently, it's the design. I got sick of it so I didn't bother putting it back together anymore.

I just bought a Konica Minolta. 3yrs Warranty on everything including the drum and toner.

But I recommend you get Kyocera. Drum is rated at about 300K pages before replacement. Some models, AFAIR, have lifetime drums (ceramic).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I had an HP 1000 and 1100 before. It's a terrible printer when you need bulks printed because it keeps having paper jams.
    In my experience with the HP1000 and HP1010, paper jams only occur if you are using paper that is too thin or if you are recycling used paper.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mine was with HP, Cattleya and (A something brand) 80gsm paper, I usually buy in reams because it's cheaper. The problem arises from the design of the feeder roller guides. They should have used three, not one.

I never had the same problem with Kyocera (1030DN) nor Konica Minolta (Bizhub 600 and PagePro 1350).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mine was with HP, Cattleya and (A something brand) 80gsm paper, I usually buy in reams because it's cheaper. The problem arises from the design of the feeder roller guides. They should have used three, not one.

I never had the same problem with Kyocera (1030DN) nor Konica Minolta (Bizhub 600 and PagePro 1350).
    HP has been using a single feed roller even in the oldest laserjets I was training on.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I used to be HP-certified to repair hp laserprinters and we never had to "burn-in" a printer. We usually mention "observation" because we might have to do a few extended print tests or the problem might be intermittent (but for laser printers, it either works or doesn't work). Example was the early color laser printer which showed an error

Even our office HP1010, the right side suddenly became smudged in every print out. I checked the printer and the heater's teflon roller has become damaged & torn. Good thing I had another "defective" HP1010 (sensor error in the fuser assembly & spare part would cost more than the value of a new current model laserjet unit) and salvaged the teflon roller from that unit.
    That's what I thought. Thanks, GH. At any rate, I finally contacted a freelance ex-HP technician who makes house calls. He will be stopping by later this afternoon. Will update you.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just buy a new one.

I disassembled it in an attempt to find out what is wrong with it. Apparently, it's the design. I got sick of it so I didn't bother putting it back together anymore.

I just bought a Konica Minolta. 3yrs Warranty on everything including the drum and toner.

But I recommend you get Kyocera. Drum is rated at about 300K pages before replacement. Some models, AFAIR, have lifetime drums (ceramic).
    Buying a new one is definitely an option if I can't get the printer repaired for under P1,000 since new lasers are just P4,500 to P7,000. I don't need a heavy duty model since I only do light printing. I try to maintain a paperless office, albeit obviously still quite unsuccessful.

I know there are a lot of good alternatives but I have always been partial to HP lasers since they have generally not given me any problems including toner cartridge availability.

OT Trivia - Kyocera used to make ceramic automobile engines. Not sure if they still do.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    OT Trivia - Kyocera used to make ceramic automobile engines. Not sure if they still do.
    OT Trivia - Kyocera makes one of the best ceramic knives.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Any recommended printer repair shop?