New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWQTS8zqYXU[/ame]

The hacktivist group Anonymous has issued a YouTube video in English, Spanish and German announcing plans to destroy the world’s biggest social network, Facebook.
    The hackers offer anyone concerned with the spread of personal information on the web to join the cause and “kill Facebook for the sake of your own privacy” in the action that “will go down in history,” setting the date for November 5, 2011.
    “Facebook has been selling information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on people from around the world,” the video statement, recorded in a typical digitally-altered voice says.
    Anonymous insists the service is free for users for the sole reason that their personal information is on-sold and says the system remembers all the changes in user profiles, enabling the owners of the social network to recover any information put into the system at any time and recover deleted profiles. “Facebook knows more about you than your family,” their message says.
    November 5 is Guy Fawkes’ Night in the UK. Fawkes was the mastermind of the Gunpowder Plot: in the 17th century, who planned to assassinate King James I by exploding the House of Lords building with large quantities of gunpowder. The plot, in fact, backfired.
    https://rt.com/news/facebook-anonymous-destroy-privacy/
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Remember, remember the 5th of november.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    As Guy Fawkes failed, so will Anon. Kung nagbibigay ng info sa military and gov't ang FB, eh di malamang matindi security niyan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Seeing that they hacked the CIA, NATO, etc. server, I'm pretty sure they *can* do it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    Seeing that they hacked the CIA, NATO, etc. server, I'm pretty sure they *can* do it.
    It'll be difficult because FB does not reside on a single server... breaking in to one box is easy... trying to get into tens of thousands of boxes (on which FB resides) is another thing.

Then again, it may not necessarily be a server hack that they would do. It could be DDoS. It could be DNS poisoning. Or maybe they already have an insider (or at least obtained the credentials of an insider) not necessarily of FB but of one of the providers of FB. With roughly three months from the announced attack date, it'll be fun to see how FB shores up its defenses. Heck, I'd even wager there are initial low-key attacks and intrusions going on this early, leading to a November 5 climax.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    lols! baka may virus? wag muna mag-FB

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    lols! baka may virus? wag muna mag-FB
    Sa Nov 4 na lang muna wag mag-FB hehehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    bakit ni-reveal pa yung balak nila? at may date pa.
    makapag-prepare pa FB nyan.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Yang Anon ay walang magawa sa buhay.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    It'll be difficult because FB does not reside on a single server... breaking in to one box is easy... trying to get into tens of thousands of boxes (on which FB resides) is another thing.

Then again, it may not necessarily be a server hack that they would do. It could be DDoS. It could be DNS poisoning. Or maybe they already have an insider (or at least obtained the credentials of an insider) not necessarily of FB but of one of the providers of FB. With roughly three months from the announced attack date, it'll be fun to see how FB shores up its defenses. Heck, I'd even wager there are initial low-key attacks and intrusions going on this early, leading to a November 5 climax.
    I'd expect them to act as early as several months from now since reconnaissance is the longest process. But hey, they only have to get root access(the part that intrigues me) ;)

then again... they might just be scaring them to do something rather stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Anon sets its eyes on Facebook