New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Anyone using this kind of box (connected to your TV)? Like, Mi Box?

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    Anyone using this kind of box (connected to your TV)? Like, Mi Box?

***just to be clear***
    This thread is for official Android TV boxes... Hindi yung TV Boxes runnning Android to pirate content

I'm using the Mi Box S

Ok naman... I call it Chromecast Plus, hehehe

I only use it with for Netflix and YouTube - kainis yung YouTube kasi di ako makapag add ng ibang users...

For Apps it doesn't support, I use it for Chromecast.

I tried side loading Chrome pero the sites I needed did not work.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have a cheap MXQ Pro Android TV box. But I don’t use it to watch anything. It runs an app/service on my network used in home automation. I mentioned it because, even though it’s cheap, it’s surprisingly reliable. It’s been running 24/7 for around 10 months now. It has crashed a couple of times but it so far only happens once every 3 months on average.

My Roku 3’s (non-PLDT) are still my media player of choice.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    ***just to be clear***
    This thread is for official Android TV boxes... Hindi yung TV Boxes runnning Android to pirate content

I'm using the Mi Box S

I only use it with for Netflix and YouTube - kainis yung YouTube kasi di ako makapag add ng ibang users...

I'm confused with what makes a TV box "official".

I have a Tanix TX3 mini which has Kodi pre-installed. I don't use Kodi though as it's too much of a hassle to search for content. Netflix and the occasional YouTube viewing is what it's for.

Got it Christmas 2017 and it's still running fine. The power supply broke after just a few weeks but I just spliced the cable with a spare USB cable and a 2-ampere USB charger that I have laying around.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    I'm confused with what makes a TV box "official".
    Android TV that's officially released by Google.

Other than Sony TVs (they run Android TV) existing devices are from Xiaomi, Razer and Nvidia.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    ***just to be clear***

I'm using the Mi Box S

May pre-installed Google play din siya di ba?

And yung usb slot ng box na ito, will it play usbs or hard drives with movies when connected?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    May pre-installed Google play din siya di ba?

And yung usb slot ng box na ito, will it play usbs or hard drives with movies when connected?

Yes, Google Play is pre-installed...

Haven't tried connecting a hard drive with media (pero may VLC sa Play Store)

MY USB is connected to a keyboard and mouse

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I have a cheap MXQ Pro Android TV box. But I don’t use it to watch anything. It runs an app/service on my network used in home automation. I mentioned it because, even though it’s cheap, it’s surprisingly reliable. It’s been running 24/7 for around 10 months now. It has crashed a couple of times but it so far only happens once every 3 months on average.

My Roku 3’s (non-PLDT) are still my media player of choice.
    Sayang hingi pa naman sana ako feedback sa MXQ na yan as a media player or streaming device.

Is Roku better than Chromecast?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Actually, I also got several troubles to make effective access in an Android-based TV. To get rid of these issues may take any kind of fruitful suggestions instructed by adobe error df024 that will provide an actual solutin.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Sayang hingi pa naman sana ako feedback sa MXQ na yan as a media player or streaming device.

Is Roku better than Chromecast?
    Problem with MXQ, Tanix, and other Chinese brands, is that it's considered by Netflix as a "tablet" so it wouldn't play movies in HD or UlraHD. You'll need to install certain APKs (of old versions) of Netflix to be able to watch in HD resolution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast