New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Good day mga sir!

I'm not sure kung this is the right place to ask these questions, mga mods paki lipat na lang or delete kung hindi pwede dito. baka po meron sa ating malulupet na tsikoteers ang may alam dito....

My alam po ba kayo if where we could find an analog to digital converter? Were working on a project in school, and part of it is putting a temperature monitoring system on it, we asked in electronic stores in raon and they said it needs to be designed first and assembled, parang custom made daw yun, baka naman may alam po kayo na gumagawa nito or pwedeng pagbilihan na buo na.

Parang boiler/pressure cooker po yung project namin, mech. engr'g po kami, di masyado familiar with ece stuff, mas maganda sana kasi na imbes na old school gauges, eh digital readouts yung lalabas. TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    naku dami nyan sa alexan or deeco. im surprised you did not find one in raon. dun kami bumibili nung college days ko...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Zero View Post
    naku dami nyan sa alexan or deeco. im surprised you did not find one in raon. dun kami bumibili nung college days ko...
    sir Cult Zero,

galing din po kami sa alexan and deeco, pero sabi nila wala daw po sila nang buo na na analog to digital converter, meron daw sila parts to make it, pero walang buo na. I also need to find a good schematic of the system, could you recommend a website for reference? Salamat po sir!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ano yung analog gauge na gusto nyong gawin na digital readout?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Ano yung analog gauge na gusto nyong gawin na digital readout?
    pressure and temperature readouts sir, btw i already found a schematic of the ADC, inintindi ko na lang, tapos gawa na lng sa PCB, sa lahat ng pinagtanungan namin sabi meron daw sa raon, pero wala kami nahanap kahit kit lang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ano ang parts na hindi nyo mahanap sa Raon? Kadalasan naman yan may remedyo, either a substitute (different part number) or a combination of other parts.

Hindi ako expert ah ... baka lang may maitulong.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    There are IC's available that functions as a temp sensor. All you need to do is to power it up and interface them to a PC or micro-controller to read the temperature.

Try looking at LM74 or DS7505.
    I think LM74 or compatible can be found on most motherboards.

If you have the luxury of time, you can also try to request samples from IC manufacturers.
    I've was able to request samples from Maxim-IC a couple of years back.
    It takes a while for it to arrive but it's free (you only have to pay the local post office for about php 15 or 20).

hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yup, Maxim ICs should be it for this simple ADC requirement. You can request for samples for your project. Visit their website.... Goodluck!

However, IMHO, your project should not be burdened by this display preference. Go with the old school gauges to complete the project and then work on the ADC stuff as second phase for your project.

6610:secret:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mga sir salamat po sa mga reply! sorry late na po ako nag reply medyo nagiging super busy na sa project, malaking tulong po ang inyong mga suggestions, btw someone also suggested getting sample ic's from texas instruments since mas malapit daw office nila sa singapore compared to maxim, ok din po ba yon?

Analog to digital converter?