New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Catch the fire at $199. Pre-order being accepted now at their website

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Color-Multi-touch-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B0051VVOB2/ref=amb_link_357575562_4/185-2621321-3133861?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gateway-center-column&pf_rd_r=07QEG9FWGPTV0EB2DCE7&pf_rd_t=101&pf _rd_p=1321411382&pf_rd_i=507846"]KINDLE FIRE[/ame]

Display size - 7" multitouch
    Weight - 14.6 ounces
    On Device storage - 8 Gb internal
    Wifi only
    USB 2.0
    Dual core processor
    Android OS
    Silk browser that includes flash

Do you think this is going to be an IPAD killer?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Think twice before plunging into it.

THey store your browsing history/cache/data on amazon servers. What do you think are they gonna do with it?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally I would be interested in buying one for myself given if the local price was still below the $200 level in the local stores here.

BTW, does it have expandable memory?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Looks like this thing won't fly... No expandable memory slot like SD cards. All content purchased only from Amazon will be stored in the cloud server for free. Other content bought from other sources like Android Market may require a fee.

No AVI, DIVX and MKV support...

Content Formats Supported: Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, MP4, VP8.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Jeff Bezos Is the New Steve Jobs

Jeff Bezos Is the New Steve Jobs

Jeff Bezos broke about a dozen legs yesterday. His presentation announcing Amazon's new Kindle lineup was entertaining, memorable and most of all, convincing. He sold it. And in doing so, made it pretty clear that he's our next Steve Jobs.

Bezos owned the stage; he was a lion on the savannah. He was stylish and witty and smart, tossing out thought bombs like they were free t-shirts. He poked at his competitors (Hi, Apple!) without coming across as petty. Everything was rehearsed down to the second, ensuring there would be no major snares or snags where things bombed onstage (Hi, Microsoft!). He also got in and out. He made his case and then got the **** off the stage, knowing better than to drone on and on (Hi, Google!) until everyone was bored out of their shoes.

He also did a good job with secrecy. Yeah, TechCrunch had a nice scoop on the Fire in advance, and sure there were some predictions that there would be a new e-ink device released too, but I don't think anyone was expecting to see an entire family of new Kindles. Or that the high end new tablet would be a mere $200. $200!

And so when it was all over, the press, the great opinionator that drives purchasing decisions, was utterly flabbergasted. It was totally Jobsed, so to speak. Hypnotized and drawn in by the mind-blowing Bezos.

Much of that that is because of his passion. You can see it in his eyes, full of zeal and bordering on crazy. He isn't just conning you, he believes in it. He feels strongly that he's got the right product, at the right time. And so watch him and you will too.

And yet, it's not just about his salesmanship. "Jeff Bezos is the new Ron Popeil" is a whole other story. He mirrors Apple's former CEO in a host of other ways as well.

Most obviously, he's a founder/CEO. Amazon is his. Yes, it's a public company, but it goes where his vision takes it. It follows his mind into markets. Amazon is Jeff Bezos. Without him it would be adrift.

He also knows when to act. Amazon will muscle into all sorts of areas where he realizes he can kick the status quo out of the way. Amazon is the rare behemoth that can pivot; so ready to tackle new ventures that it is easy to forget that it was once ostensibly a simple bookseller. I've long held that that Bezos doesn't get enough credit for reckless ambition. Like Jobs, he's delightfully willing to take risks.

It plunged from retail into full on Web services. Need to store some data? Amazon's S3 will do that for you. Want to host some computing power? Try Amazon EC2. Today so much of the damn web runs on it that when it went down earlier this year it took Netflix, Reddit, Foursquare, and a host of others out with it.

Then there is the Kindle. Bezos didn't wait for the ebook market to explode, he created it. He went out and got it, building it from the bottom up with an entire hardware, software, and content ecosystem. (What's up, iTunes?).

In fact, Amazon was ahead of Apple in terms of building the ecosystem. On the day Apple announced the iPod, it handed out a stack of CDs with the iPods themselves, because it was the only way to hand out devices pre-loaded with music and still meet industry licensing terms. It was nearly a year and a half before the iTunes Store would come online.

You could buy a book for your Kindle on day one.

What's more, his devices are consistently great. They just work. Yeah, that first Kindle was a bit clunky and expensive by today's standards. So was the first iPod.

But, you might say, Steve Jobs didn't just focus on Apple. He had NeXT and Pixar; he revolutionized the computer graphics industry.

Very true. But Jeff Bezos has started a second company as well. He's going to the moon. Just watch.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post
    Think twice before plunging into it.

THey store your browsing history/cache/data on amazon servers. What do you think are they gonna do with it?
    Marketing analysis. Don't be so paranoid.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Marketing analysis. Don't be so paranoid.
    Analyze it and sell it to Marketing whatnots?
    I'm not exactly paranoid but amazon should be transparent on what they are storing and what they do on the data.

Another thing is Privacy which is a valid concern.

Amazon's Kindle Fire Browser Raises Privacy Concerns - Mobiledia

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a stripped down tablet. pinilit para pumasok sa $200

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for sharing the information here; I am looking for aqua Amazon kindle fire skin cover for my tablets. Some of my friends suggested me for buying one because there are chances of tablets got scratches o damageable thing happened. Do you know the best place to buy them.

Amazon Kindle Fire