i just found this kindle when i opened amazon.com (i think it was already out for quite some time though)

All-New, High-Contrast E Ink Screen - 50% better contrast with latest E Ink Pearl technology
Read in Bright Sunlight - No glare
New and Improved Fonts - New crisper, darker fonts
New Sleek Design - 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area
17% Lighter - Only 8.5 ounces, weighs less than a paperback
Battery Life of Up to Two Months - A single charge lasts up to two months with wireless off
Double the Storage - Up to 3,500 books
Built-In Wi-Fi - Shop and download books in less than 60 seconds
20% Faster Page Turns - Seamless reading
Enhanced PDF Reader - With dictionary lookup, notes, and highlights
New WebKit-Based Browser - Browse the web over Wi-Fi (experimental)
Special Offers - Special offers and sponsored screensavers display on the Kindle screensaver and on the bottom of the home screen—they don't interrupt reading

from: Kindle with Special Offers, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology

i find this interesting specially that i'm interested into reading e-books (putting multiple books into one as opposed to carrying every book) and carrying a 'digital' dictionary (my nokia 5320 has a dictionary but i lost it ) and not to mention the wifi. the 6" screen would be adequate for reading and surfing vs those small screens on wifi capable cellphones.

the samsung galaxy tab caught my eye before, but it was too pricey. plus i already have a phone which serves its purpose. i think the only thing lacking from the kindle is a music player. but then its supposed to be an e-book reader not a media player and also i don't really mind if it doesn't have the touch screen function like the galaxy tab, it doesn't hurt for me.

your take?