New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi guys,

we have our 55" Sony bravia projection TV that recently gone nuclear..

1st case was there was a note on the screen showing that the projection lamp is nearing its end of life and needs replacement immediately, then I called the SolidService center which is the official aftersales service provider of sony products....and then when the technician came to our house turned a certain knob on the side of the TV and voila the memo is gone 1.8k was worth it for home service fee and not single centavo spent for the part....which BTW the price tag of the projection lamp is 16k++

and then after 2 weeks I realized the 1.8k home service fee wasn't that worth it at all because of the occurrence of the 2nd case wherein the TV is predominantly producing the yellow color on the screen making it hard to watch on it....then I called again the SolidService for a back job....this time they brought the b-new projection lamp(which I was ready to pay for if it remedied the problem but with a heavy heart hehe)....then when they replace the lamp the color on the screen was still yellow....So the technician told me that the color producing block of some sort was broken and not the projection lamp and as a result the color on the screen was dominantly yellow...so after he'd mentioned the new broken part, I've asked about the price of the part and he said its a staggering 20k++ just for that part... which is already a price of a new but smaller television

I was truly unhappy with the things that is going on that TV of ours...
    and I'm contemplating if am I still pursuing the repair or just use the money as an additional for a newer one....

Now, my question is that is there any other company, place, or person who could repair and provide cheap replacement parts on our TV without spending a new TV's price worth?

Your thoughts and tips will be highly appreciated....

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by locoroco777; May 14th, 2011 at 01:52 AM.

Alternative Repair Shops for TV's