New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    This is getting to be interesting!! Sir ssalonga can I get the contact details of the the indian firm who does the motorcycle conversion. If this would be viable then my farm might be lpg powered by next year.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Would it be cost effective? Comparing the cost of fuel against the price of electricity?
    For farm use, the technology which interests me is biogas powered gen sets. Itl convert your pig and cow manure into electricity

The inquirer once featured a farm that does this.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Would it be cost effective? Comparing the cost of fuel against the price of electricity?
    From what I remembered before was it would be cheaper for you to produce your own electricity - some factories do it. BUT for me my farm has no electricity makes it more viable for me

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    For farm use, the technology which interests me is biogas powered gen sets. Itl convert your pig and cow manure into electricity

The inquirer once featured a farm that does this.
    problem with methane is you can't compress it so and I think you need a certain pressure to feed it to the engine plus they omitted one part - the cost to convert the genset for methane and another thing is we don't have animals in our farm - it is all plants

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    problem with methane is you can't compress it so and I think you need a certain pressure to feed it to the engine plus they omitted one part - the cost to convert the genset for methane and another thing is we don't have animals in our farm - it is all plants
    Yeah, that's understandable. This is the reason so few people actually use methane. What kind of plants do you have, may I ask?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yeah, that's understandable. This is the reason so few people actually use methane. What kind of plants do you have, may I ask?
    We have biogas naman at my uncles piggery and methane is truly great - flame is nearly invisible - clean burning talaga.

more on Calamansi and coffee, and a little of other fruit trees like lansones, rambutan, marang, etc etc. Hopefully, next rainy season I would be planting suha and dalandan and I'm getting into veggies too PLUS hopefully if budget permits I want goats too. - dami plano kno. Farm is in Sampaloc Tanay. No roads, no electricty for the time being.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    We have biogas naman at my uncles piggery and methane is truly great - flame is nearly invisible - clean burning talaga.

more on Calamansi and coffee, and a little of other fruit trees like lansones, rambutan, marang, etc etc. Hopefully, next rainy season I would be planting suha and dalandan and I'm getting into veggies too PLUS hopefully if budget permits I want goats too. - dami plano kno. Farm is in Sampaloc Tanay. No roads, no electricty for the time being.
    Wow! Tanay, as in Rizal, Tanay? Cool! Are we growing marang, and rambutan na in Luzon?

My family has a small farm in Mindanao. Its mostly palm oil so as I understand, we burn the palm fruit kernel residue for energy. Sayang nga I would like to harness it sana for electricity

Yeah, I guess and LPG powered genset tatagal considering its mostly used at night lang naman. Then you can have a curfew up to a certain time of the night only before the lights go off.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wow! Tanay, as in Rizal, Tanay? Cool! Are we growing marang, and rambutan na in Luzon?

My family has a small farm in Mindanao. Its mostly palm oil so as I understand, we burn the palm fruit kernel residue for energy. Sayang nga I would like to harness it sana for electricity

Yeah, I guess and LPG powered genset tatagal considering its mostly used at night lang naman. Then you can have a curfew up to a certain time of the night only before the lights go off.

Sorry ha para sa OT :D - yup Sampaloc Tanay is near Erap's place You would be surprised madaming na marang, durian, mangosteen,
    suha na growing in the Laguna area.

Yup, night time and few times in the day to pump up water

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    edtf,

hi! I thought you might enjoy looking through a catalog of alternative power options for farms/rural residences......

http://www.jatsgreenpower.com/aeg200...talog-JATS.pdf

cool stuff esp. in Tanay. How is the wind power over there?

regards,

steve

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssalonga View Post
    edtf,

hi! I thought you might enjoy looking through a catalog of alternative power options for farms/rural residences......

http://www.jatsgreenpower.com/aeg200...talog-JATS.pdf

cool stuff esp. in Tanay. How is the wind power over there?

regards,

steve
    Well wind will just give you power for 4 months in a year - what I wanted was solar power but after studying it - it seems like it wasn't that feasible - masyadong mahal to start it up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Alternative Energy Thread