New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saw a feature years ago sa province na puros naka solar panels yung isang town (as in barrio lang sya) dahil di inaabutan ng kuryente... That was pretty cool..

I've always been interested in this, kahit pang power lang ng ref/fan/tv (constant on devices) laking tipid din yun in the long run.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Saw a feature years ago sa province na puros naka solar panels yung isang town (as in barrio lang sya) dahil di inaabutan ng kuryente... That was pretty cool..

I've always been interested in this, kahit pang power lang ng ref/fan/tv (constant on devices) laking tipid din yun in the long run.
    True. Dati payback was 20 years yata eh. Now, it should be down to 10 or less lalo na kung tuloy-tuloy ang increase ng kuryente (2-3 times inflation yata yun eh).

Would that be in El Nido or Taytay, Palawan by any chance? Gulat ako noon when I went there 10 hours a day lang kuryente pero andaming tao naka-dream satellite. hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yep. di naman actually lahat ng gamit e dapat nakadepende sa solar power pag nagpalagay ka.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pup2: di ko na maalala hehe, mga 5 years ago ko pa nakita yun... Pretty sure it's not Taytay, kasi talagang wala roads halos yung lugar na yun...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    pup2: di ko na maalala hehe, mga 5 years ago ko pa nakita yun... Pretty sure it's not Taytay, kasi talagang wala roads halos yung lugar na yun...
    AFAIK, Taytay Palawan (not Rizal) would've been like that 5 years ago.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by noel26 View Post
    yep. di naman actually lahat ng gamit e dapat nakadepende sa solar power pag nagpalagay ka.
    I agree. The appropriateness of using solar would be directly proportional to hours of use and inversely proportional to absolute wattage. Yet another reason I chose the gen set circuit for the experiment.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah ok hehe kala ko Rizal...

Keep us posted

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    *pup2

would the solar panel power be a backup system only, or would it be like all, lighting systems powered by solar and all power circuits supplied by meralco? I guess the major concern would be the efficiency of the panels, does the material of the panel degrade over time? If i am not mistaken, you would have to re-orient the panel with respect to where the sun is pointing at different times of the day.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malaki ang risk maglagay ng solar panels dito sa Philippines since we average around 20 typhoons each year.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    naisip ko lang, solar cells would output DC voltage.You would need power inverters for this. Typical power systems would use AC single phase(for residential) 3-phase for industrial/commercial. Would your solar panel system be able to support this? Or would you have to spend an additional amount to address this? Baka naman the cost of converting your existing system become to prohibitive for this venture. Siguro if you have a highly inductive load in your business, why dont you try first to install a capacitor bank (industrial/commercial grade) it would really improve savings in your consumption
    Last edited by laklak; March 21st, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Affordable solar power?