New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got same capture card... WinFast (Leadtek)...Im not happy with the performance.. Compression is not that good...
    Last edited by NightRock; October 22nd, 2003 at 05:04 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt, you forgot to include a decent casing.

lian-li PC60 = P8000

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kapos na budget e, kahit walang case pwede na rin yan hahaha :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that'll do wonders for cooling hehehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    8k for casing huh? hubad na lang, madali pa maintenance, and as you say, wonders for cooling.

badkuk: so, what kind of vid cap are you using? are you satisfied with it? any other way of identifying if hardware or software ang gamit?

mbt: is the difference between the athlon and the intel that noticeable? as in worth the 5 or so thousand difference? if let's say the difference in compiling a dvd is less than an hour, i can live with that.

2 slots na lang ba ang pang memory? so if i get the 2 256s, im stuck with 512 na unless i replace both?

thanks for the config, where can i look it up?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dx8976,

probably hindi naman gaanong noticeable yung performance difference... you certainly can't beat the performance of the AthlonXP for its price. probably a matter of seconds or minutes (im not too sure on that though)

regarding the memory, yup. ganyan ang setup ng nForce2, intel i865 and i875 motherboards, dual-channel kasi ang memory design niya. if you use only one mem stick, single-channel lang yung takbo niya, which gives half the bandwidth and lower performance.

check out pccorner.com.ph , pcx.com.ph for the latest prices at gilmore.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    typical Pentium4 case costs around P1300 to P1800 and thats with a clear plastic side window and fan. Add P500 for a cold cathode light to make it look cool!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    dx8976: so, what kind of vid cap are you using? are you satisfied with it? any other way of identifying if hardware or software ang gamit?
    um, un nga...Leadtek/Winfast TV Tuner...forgot the specific model na...2,750 bili ko sa Virra Mall.

Hindi ako ganun ka satisfied eh...ryt now i'm just using it to watch tv habang nagsusurf...also, i plan to transfer some of our home videos(no, not *that* kind) to cd, para tipid sa Hi8 tapes

i do on occassion record some shows, pero low-res quality lang B(.

Re identifying hw/sw vidcap cards...i'm not that familiar na rin kc eh...ung talagang indication ko lang is ung presyo...ung good hw based cards(meron ding external ones) cost about 10k

i don't reccommend going hubad though, especially if there are rodents and roaches running about. One time i lost a sound card and a PCI slot 'coz some damn rat thought it would be a good idea to pee on my mobo -- buti di nadamay lahat

IMHO ok lang naman to spend a little more sa casing, and especially the power supply...think about it, ung usual na pinapalitan is ung mobo, cpu, memory and hd eh...ung monitor, casing, keyboard and mouse usually outlast the other parts.

If you do decide on the Athlon, do think about investing in a good cooling fan and casing

9. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    motherboard: Asus A7V8X KT400
    processor: athlon xp2800+ 333mhz
    video card: sapphire ati radeon 9600 atlantis 256 vivo
    capture card: pinnacle pctv pro
    memory: 2 x 256 pc333 ddr
    hard drive: 40gb barracuda 7200
    Sony 48x/24/48 dvd combo

after the advice you guys gave this is the config I'm currently looking at.
    any comments on this?
    pwede ba sabay yun radeon and pinnacle?
    what's the diff among the diff kinds of ram? may pc200, pc333, pc400 etc? any particular brand that is better?

badkuk: why would the athlon need a colling fan more than an intel? any suggestion on a fan?

ganun din use ko for my old cap card, transfer of videos, etc. planning to buy a digital camcorder, but haven't decided on one.

ghosthunter: what if i just stick the 500p bill on the case? may pambayad pa ako sa emergency pizza delivery when i get hungry :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dx8976,

comments:

1) Get a motherboard which is based on the nForce2 Ultra you wont regret it. ECS has released an nF2U mobo somewhere in the mid P3000 range. It has been proven that nForce2 mobos are faster than VIA mobos by up to 20% in some apps.

2) get an AthlonXP 2500+ "Barton". You'll save a lot! And it can give you performance equalling or even exceeding the 2800+. Im running mine at 3200+ levels, no sweat! Its like getting the P16,000 3200+ at a bargain basement price! Plus it has an additional 256kb of L2 cache.

3) Vidcard is ok. Why not splurge a bit more and get a 9600Pro based card?

4) If youre getting the asus board, there's no need to get 2 sticks of RAM. The reason why people are getting RAM in pairs is to make use of nForce2's dual memory controllers (5% increase only, max) Since hindi naman nForce2 yung ASUS, why bother? 1 512MB stick is P300 cheaper than 2 256sticks. If your getting an nF2U board, thats a whole different story.

Oh, and make sure you get DDR400 memory! That's the defacto speed nowadays. Anything less can be considered obsolete. PC3200 yun talaga, nickname lang yung DDR400 :D

hope this helps

Last edited by pajerokid; October 25th, 2003 at 07:05 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
advice on pc