New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: 2009 Survey: What is your computer's current operating system?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • DOS / Windows 3.1

0 0%
  • Windows 95 / 98

0 0%
  • Windows NT

0 0%
  • Windows 2000

1 3.85%
  • Windows Me

0 0%
  • Windows XP

17 65.38%
  • Windows Vista

6 23.08%
  • Windows 7

1 3.85%
  • Mac OS

7 26.92%
  • Linux (any version)

7 26.92%
  • SUN

0 0%
  • others

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Windows XP on our 2 desktops and 3 laptops....

7303:soda:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i have windows xp sp3 and ubuntu linux dual boot. i found sp3 faster than sp2, different as what they say. i think it depends upon PC to PC whether which OS fits the best.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    1. XP SP3 v.3264
    2. Speedy Vista 4.0
    3. MAC OSX86
    all in one PC.

tried Windows 7 6801 beta...

Speed of Xp is better with proper management of Services and Startups.

A staggering 65% of problems which a PC encounters (lockups, crashes, blue screens of death, computer is running slow, sluggish PC), whether in business or at home, are not caused by hardware problems, they are not caused by viruses, they are not caused by spyware — they are caused by background tasks belonging largely to legitimate and well-known software you use every day !

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One thing I've always done with every version of Windows from Win 3.11 to Win 7 Beta is have the OS in one hard drive and the page file in another hard drive.

It never failed. every single version of Windows (including Vista beta) I've used have been snappy and responsive. The only time any slowness appears is if any of the hard drives are fragmented.

Not only that, I still keep the page file permanent.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I have a dual-boot configuration on my new home pc: WinXP Sp3 and Linux Mint-6, 32-bit version. About 90% of the time I use Linux Mint and the remaining time I use XP for printing purposes (Canon Pixma IP1000 came up short among the supported printers in Mint), occasional gaming and a few optional applications.

Please bear with me for including this screen shot. Its my simple way of sharing something good which you might also find useful. There are many good distros out there but Linux Mint 6 is such a fine distribution that if you happen to be interested and curious about Linux but have yet to try it, this is now the one I highly recommend. I did not ditch Windows but I have this other fine OS that I can count on to do my day-to-day computing at home safely and securely- Linux Mint.

It is stable, chock-full of useful applications, and totally free. Since all the software I install in it comes from the well-guarded Mint, Ubuntu and Medibuntu repositories alone, it is almost impossible to introduce malware into it. I have been using Linux for more than a year already and I have yet to encounter a single virus/trojan/rootkit, etc.. in it. Plus Mint is so beginner-friendly that perhaps you may never have to deal with the command line (save for the manual installation of the NVIDIA driver which was a piece of cake anyway.)

Hope you have a nice experience with it. If not, well, there's always Windows and Mac. Have a nice day everyone!
    Last edited by CtrlAltDel; January 23rd, 2009 at 11:03 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If I'm not mistaken I think it was Jun Aka Pekto who mentioned in another thread way back that he had successfully installed the version 4 of Mint in one of his computers. Well, Jun, Mint 6 is fresh out of the oven and as useful as ever... in my system at least, heheh. As a matter if fact I am writing and posting all of these in Mint6
    Last edited by CtrlAltDel; January 23rd, 2009 at 10:54 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I think it was Jun Aka Pekto who mentioned in another thread way back that he had successfully installed the version 4 of Mint in one of his computers. Well, Jun, Mint 6 is fresh out of the oven and as useful as ever... in my system at least, heheh. As a matter if fact I am writing and posting all of these in Mint6
    Now that you mention it, I probably shouldn't have been so quick in donating our old pc's. I should've kept at least one for Linux.

I had Linuxmint running from a 4gb usb thumbdrive last year. It worked fine when I booted my laptop from it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mine is dual-boot.
    XP and Ubuntu.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    [SIZE=5]eXPee FOREVER!![/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    fedora core 10 here
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2009 Survey: What is your current operating system?