New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung sa MOA sana dati sa likod ok na rin ung ganon. hahaha. kaso nga lang nung binuksan yung MOA wala na rin race. haha. pwede pa rin naman sana yun eh, rerouting lang kelangan. problema lang security, sa dami ng tao sigurado maraming pasaway at mahirap harangin ung mga tatawid. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Disclaimers don't automatically relieve the operator of liability, that's why he has to show that all precautions have been taken to minimize, if not eliminate injury.

Yes, a lawsuit can take years, even decades to resolve. But, would you really want to spend that money on legal fees everytime your hearing's up?

Taking videos would be a very good precaution against accidents caused by driver error. But, its also a double edged sword if the camera happens to catch something attributable to the operator of the track which contributed to the accident.
    All you have to show is that you took proper precautions and have the proper permits. It helps if your track is FIA-spec, but hell... neither of our current tracks meet international standards.

This ain't the US, where you can get sued if some moron drives their car through your window and sues you because you didn't put a sign telling them there was a window there... well, wait, it could happen... but such cases are rare.

I mean... if you can't sue the government because your relative was impaled by a piece of re-bar sticking out like a spear from a road barrier... what chance is there... really?

Would be funny if everyone who's flipped their car at Subic Raceway sued them for not making sure that it would be impossible for a car to flip over on their track... ...which would pave the way for everyone to sue the government for not using rubber roads.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    FIA-spec sounds nice. And I have to agree that lawsuits won't be that big of a problem here in the Philippines. If all precautions like a disclaimer & waiver, CCTV, safety inspectors, and a whole load of control, I think the track's safe from being sued. Let alone losing a case!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    OT: me narinig ako na sinasara daw ang diosdado macapagal minsan kasi ginagawa itong legal drag strip

totoo ba ito??

and btw ganda itong post na ito kung me pera lang talaga hehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    make your fortune muna somewhere else

pag billionaire ka na, then go build the drag strip

don't make the drag strip your business

make it your hobby

that way, you're not pressured to make it profitable

you can invite your friends for weekend fun

and padlock it the rest of the week

you can rent it out to event organizers

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kulotz View Post
    OT: me narinig ako na sinasara daw ang diosdado macapagal minsan kasi ginagawa itong legal drag strip

totoo ba ito??
    There are times they do. But that is only a couple of times in a year.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *TS, ikaw rin yun nag post sa ibang thread na gumagawa ng thesis about drag stip noh?

good idea para hinde na mag mahal ang bigas dito sa atin...sigurado mapupuno ng mga rice boys diyan..:rofl:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    May land ako para sa ganyan ang problem funds din.

Kevs, PM mo nga sa akin kung saan ang location. then mag usap tayo. pag maganda location, hanap ako ng mga potential Investors

aite, peace.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    *TS, ikaw rin yun nag post sa ibang thread na gumagawa ng thesis about drag stip noh?
    Nope, I was just dreaming of making a public drag strip for a couple of months now. Too bad I'm broke...but Uls' advice is pretty plausible. I'd make money from something else and build a racetrack for special events. Maybe even make a little money out of it...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^go into joint venture with NFA, marami talagang rice na ma harvest sa drag strip :rofl:

what coincidence? here's the post I'm talking about...

Hello HCP , i would like to take a little of your time to ask you to answer my survey , Its for my feasibility study . assured that all info will be used for education purposes. Feel free to Message me your answers if u feel that you dont want the public to know such info. Thanks you sirs and ma'm , I very much Appreciate it .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Respondent:
    Good day! We are 5th year Industrial Engineering students from the University of Santo Tomas. In line with our course requirement, we are conducting a project feasibility study on a “Drag Racing Strip” here in Mega Manila. We humbly ask for your aid in our study by answering this survey questionnaire. Rest assured that all your inputs will be kept confidential. Thank you.

Drag Racing – is a competition in which vehicles compete to be the first to cross a set finish line, usually from a standing start, and in a straight line.

1. Are you 20-54 years of age ?
    A. Yes
    B. No

2. What is your family's estimated monthly income bracket ?
    A. Below 20,000
    B. 20,001 - 40,000
    C. 40,001 - 60,000
    D. 60,001 - 100,000
    E. 100,001 - 300,000
    F. 300,001 and above

3. Do you Own a Car ?
    A. Yes
    B. No

4. Do you Customize your Car ?
    A. Yes
    B. No

5. When customizing your car , Do you improve on Performance ? ( speed, acceleration, Turbos , Nitros , engine swaps headworks and etc ... )
    A. Yes
    B. No

6. Approximately how much have you spent on your car's performance ?
    A. below 10,000
    B. 10,000-20,000
    C. 20,001- 50,000
    D. 50,000 - 100,000
    E. 100,001, - 500,000
    F. 500,001 and above

7. Would a Drag Racing strip in Metro Manila Interest you in Drag Racing
    A. Yes
    B. No

8. Would you Avail the services of a Drag Racing Strip in Metro Manila Instead of Racing on streets ?
    A. Yes
    B. No

9. What Other Services should a Drag Racing Strip offer ? ( you may choose more than 1)
    A. Auto Supply Shop
    B. Coffee shop
    C. Bar and restaurant
    D. Car wash
    E. Drifting
    F. Go kart Racing
    G. Activity Center
    H. Gasoline station

10. Would you be interested in joining a Drag Racing Tournament ?
    A. Yes
    B. No

----------------------- End -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by shadow; July 23rd, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Would a *legal* drag strip business click here in the Phils.?