New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm really surprised he decided to leave Toyota. Now who else would want him? It's his sheer nationality that's keeping him in F1, so I'm very curious on what would happen to him next. He insists he will be staying in F1, and surely no top team is stupid enough to take him. Best he could possibly do is drive for free in a midfielder.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    No one would probably care as he's not talented at all.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ralf has the potential to be a great f1 driver but he is not lucky enough to be supplied by a car that have potential to be a champion, there is no debate that toyota absolutely lacks face. F1 is not all about driver it is a team competition and your team plays a vital role in delivering championship

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yeah but let's face it, he's nowhere near the talent of his older brother, the F1 legend Shumy.

If he's talented, his contract would've been bought out by bigger teams long time ago.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by take1bar View Post
    ralf has the potential to be a great f1 driver but he is not lucky enough to be supplied by a car that have potential to be a champion, there is no debate that toyota absolutely lacks face. F1 is not all about driver it is a team competition and your team plays a vital role in delivering championship
    He's had some winning cars before, but he's just not as good as the very best, such as big bro and Montoya. He can't even match a guy like Trulli.

Mid-season speculation states Ralf was underdriving, and even triggered rumors like Sato replacing him next year. Now it appears that he elected to leave and wasn't technically fired, while I believe Toyota no longer wants him.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ralf has always been a decent midpack driver, no more, no less... only thing is, I think both he and Toyota were expecting more from their partnership than they actually got out of it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

MS is now asking his younger brother to retire from F1 Racing after his dismal drive for Force India.....

from www.abs-cbnnews.com

Ralf should quit says big brother Michael

Agence France-Presse

BERLIN - Seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher on Saturday advised his young brother Ralf to quit Formula One rather than struggle to find a team for next season.

Ralf, 32, parted ways with Toyota in October when his contract expired after his worst season in Formula One saw him finish 16th in the drivers championship, his poorest placing in 11 seasons.

He hinted at retirement after a test drive for Force India in Spain last week did not go well and elder brother Michael, 38, who retired last year, says the time is right to end his career.

"If Ralf is getting behind the wheel to fight for last or next to last place, then perhaps the healthiest thing to do is to retire," Michael Schumacher told German tabloid Bild.

"There are so many other things he can do, Ralf has many plans which he will enjoy.

"He'll only realize it when he first retires, just like I discovered when I retired."

After missing his first Formula One season since 1991, Michael Schumacher says both brothers have achieved plenty in the sport.

"We both made names for ourselves in Formula One, we attracted many spectators to watch us on television and to the race tracks.

"It won't do any harm if Ralf doesn't race anymore."
    Bye bye....

4707:santas:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ouccchhh!! that must have hurt...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Now it appears that he elected to leave and wasn't technically fired, while I believe Toyota no longer wants him.
    When he said he "elected to leave", it was just a media script for a dignified exit, after Toyota has informed him privately that they will no longer renew his contract.

What now for Ralf?