New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,313
    #1
    Anyone here interested? Just P1,500 for the track fee.



    People looking to see how fast their cars can go should really take this opportunity to push their vehicles to the limit in a controlled environment. 1.5k is pretty cheap for a track day.

    If anyone's from Yokohama or TSCP, hope you can shed more light on this event. Track Day (March 12, 2016)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #2
    This is good. I remember we used to shell out around 3K per head back in the day.

    They should also state the basic requirements to run the track (i.e. DOT/SNELL rated helmet? Car in good condition with no leaks? etc.).

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,313
    #3
    Yeah they didn't specify the helmet requirement on the posters, but from before, CIS really won't let you run without a proper helmet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,705
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yeah they didn't specify the helmet requirement on the posters, but from before, CIS really won't let you run without a proper helmet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always thought Snell-rating was excessive for a helmet to be used on a fun run in a street car... DOT dapat puwede na.

    -

    Wish I could go, but got no car for the weekend. Weh.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Always thought Snell-rating was excessive for a helmet to be used on a fun run in a street car... DOT dapat puwede na.

    -

    Wish I could go, but got no car for the weekend. Weh.

    Wish i could go but my car set-up isn't perfected yet. LOLOLOLOLOL

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,705
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Wish i could go but my car set-up isn't perfected yet. LOLOLOLOLOL
    If I had the time, I would go...



    Maybe I should just convert the Crosswind into a track car?

    There's one running in the Autocross championships...

    -

    Or for maximum lulz, perhaps I go for a Hiace, add a cage and eight Recaros or Fake-caros, and sell taxi rides...

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #7
    Really wanted to go but my new race tires have not arrived. :D



    Lower the Crosswind and change the tires to low profiles and you'll have a fighting chance (at finishing the lap in one day?). Maybe if it was a short track, it will perform quite good if you had the right suspension and tire set-up.

    Do a local set-up of the ring taxi?

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,705
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Really wanted to go but my new race tires have not arrived. :D



    Lower the Crosswind and change the tires to low profiles and you'll have a fighting chance (at finishing the lap in one day?). Maybe if it was a short track, it will perform quite good if you had the right suspension and tire set-up.

    Do a local set-up of the ring taxi?
    I'd love to build a Ring Taxi.

    212 Toyota Alphard For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) 212 Toyota Alphard On OLX

    Flooded Alphard... talk the guy down to 1m. Add sticky tires. Import aftermarket suspension, upgrade brake lines and pads. Gut it, Turn the recliners into home furniture... ...add racing seats... several GoPros to capture the action... voila... ring taxi that can actually boogie.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27,630
    #9
    Toyota charged the flooded alphard 550k ouch. He shoulda removed the battery before the flood. Then bought a blower and dried the car employing some mechanics...

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #10
    ^550K seems okay for CASA (depending on the works done). At that price it's possibly not mega flood damaged.

    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'd love to build a Ring Taxi.

    212 Toyota Alphard For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) 212 Toyota Alphard On OLX

    Flooded Alphard... talk the guy down to 1m. Add sticky tires. Import aftermarket suspension, upgrade brake lines and pads. Gut it, Turn the recliners into home furniture... ...add racing seats... several GoPros to capture the action... voila... ring taxi that can actually boogie.
    What was the Renault minivan mounted onto a F1 chassis before? The Espace?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Track Day (March 12, 2016)