New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27,630
    #11
    I remember competing... and we call fockers.. "sandbagging" to win comps.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    233
    #12
    congrats Sir! is this in tarlac?

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,312
    #13
    Updated times:





    To have an idea of how different cars and drivers fared:

    Subaru Impreza STi - 1:21
    Ford Mustang - 1:22-1:24
    Subaru BRZ MT - 1:28-1:33
    Mazda 3 1.5V - 1:30
    Mazda 3 2.0R - 1:33-1:36
    Mazda 2 1.5 MT - 1:33
    Honda Civic FC 1.8 CVT - 1:30
    Honda Civic FB 1.8 MT - 1:31
    Honda Civic SiR - 1:31
    Subaru Legacy 2.0 MT - 1:30-1:31
    Subaru WRX MT - 1:32
    Ford Fiesta 1.5 DCT - 1:35
    BMW 318i E46 - 1:36
    Suzuki Swift 1.2 MT - 1:37
    Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2 MT - 1:37

    Quote Originally Posted by enzo6k View Post
    congrats Sir! is this in tarlac?
    Yup! Fun little kart track. Very short straights so it's all about cornering. Lots of late apexes too.

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 10th, 2017 at 10:24 AM.

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,880
    #14
    Whoah, you & Jeff got identical best qualifying, Jut sir! Awesome! Cheers to you both!!!!

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,709
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I remember competing... and we call fockers.. "sandbagging" to win comps.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Still... an EJ20 Legacy? Should never be faster than a Civic RS. Not unless he's packing some heat under the hood.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,312
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Still... an EJ20 Legacy? Should never be faster than a Civic RS. Not unless he's packing some heat under the hood.
    My Civic is just a 1.8

    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Whoah, you & Jeff got identical best qualifying, Jut sir! Awesome! Cheers to you both!!!!
    Yeah very cool that we had the same time to the last hundreths of a second. We also have the same background of winding roads as our daily route. 😊

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; July 31st, 2017 at 09:58 PM.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,880
    #17


    Am I seeing this right? Jeff Go's 1.5 Skyactiv3 did a 1:21:28? Dayummmm. He's a track newb whose only real performance mod is OVT. Very promising!!!!

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    233
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Updated times:





    To have an idea of how different cars and drivers fared:

    Subaru Impreza STi - 1:21
    Ford Mustang - 1:22-1:24
    Subaru BRZ MT - 1:28-1:33
    Mazda 3 1.5V - 1:30
    Mazda 3 2.0R - 1:33-1:36
    Mazda 2 1.5 MT - 1:33
    Honda Civic FC 1.8 CVT - 1:30
    Honda Civic FB 1.8 MT - 1:31
    Honda Civic SiR - 1:31
    Subaru Legacy 2.0 MT - 1:30-1:31
    Subaru WRX MT - 1:32
    Ford Fiesta 1.5 DCT - 1:35
    BMW 318i E46 - 1:36
    Suzuki Swift 1.2 MT - 1:37
    Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2 MT - 1:37



    Yup! Fun little kart track. Very short straights so it's all about cornering. Lots of late apexes too.

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Nice, so its all about the skills, i can see the corners equalize the engines. what's your alignment settings btw? you can do tricks in there
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 10th, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,312
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post


    Am I seeing this right? Jeff Go's 1.5 Skyactiv3 did a 1:21:28? Dayummmm. He's a track newb whose only real performance mod is OVT. Very promising!!!!
    Coilovers too. suspension settings matter more in a small track like this. Given the Mazda 3 already has superb handling, fine-tuning the suspension to minimize understeer is a big help to maintain cornering speeds. ProjectMu pads also dissipate heat better than OEM pads, which helps in terms of longevity after consecutive rounds. Ultimately though, it boils down to the driver and the organizers took notice how much Jeff improved from the last leg of Touge Battle, also in Tarlac. 👍

    Quote Originally Posted by enzo6k View Post
    Nice, so its all about the skills, i can see the corners equalize the engines. what's your alignment settings btw? you can do tricks in there
    All factory stock settings. I'm on stock suspension so there's really nothing to fiddle with.

    The most impressive bit for me is the 1.5 LXi with a PH15 (non-VTEC) engine qualifying at 1:24, faster than almost everyone except the Mustang V8s and STis.



    Btw the battle rounds layout is different from the quali layout (full track), since they shortened the track by removing the first corner because of puddles brought about by the heavy rain in the middle of the day. Different heats also faced different weather conditions which was why the organizers used qualifying times as the basis for the day's fastest lap since the weather was more consistent in the morning.

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; August 1st, 2017 at 09:36 AM.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    233
    #20
    LOL * valve cover

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
TougeBattle Round5 Results(7/29/17)