New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EY PEEPS!

I just saw the Star Sports update on The 2003 Dakar Rallye. Guess what???!!!! Mitsubishi's new and improved Pajero/Montero Evolution Super Production Cross Countrys have taken the top 4 spots!!!

Consider these specs:

6G74
    6 Cylinders, 24-Valves
    DOHC V6MIVEC
    ECI Multi-injection
    DISPLACEMENT 3,497cc
    MAXIMUM OUTPUT 270PS/6,000rpm
    MAXIMUM TORQUE 36kg-m/3,500rpm
    TRANSMISSION 6 Speed
    SUSPENSION- Front Independent - Double wishbone
    SUSPENSION- Rear Independent - Double wishbone
    STEERING Power assisted rack & pinion
    BRAKES Ventilated discs with 6-pot calipers
    TYRES BF Goodrich
    FUEL TANK CAPACITY 500L
    MAX SPEED 190km/h

Also.......... Pajero Ralliarts (Gen3s)

Will they finish 1,2,3 like they did before? Well i hope so!!!

Competitors include.............

BMW X5
    Nissan Frontier
    Volks Touareg

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    addendum::: The Paje Evo's looks are growing on me :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajero people rejoice! Hehehe. Ang lupit talaga ng performance ng Mitsus sa rally na iyan. Parang wala silang kalaban, eh.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    everynayt ata may update yan e... npapanood ko dn yan pg sinusumpong ako ng insomia

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what new pare mitsu rules paris dakar

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I saw some highlights of the race in Star Sports (arnd midnight about 3 days ago)....frontier was 3rd place at that time....but the driver was a bit reckless so it got him into an accident in some sand dune jumps....kaya na displace...

The race is really an issue of driver and car capability.....

Maganda nga talaga ang lead ng Mitsubishi Pajeros!

Interestingly....its (the race) more of a speed race and not off-roadability thing....maybe that's why independent suspensions works unlike the straight axle-spring or leaf-spring suspensions.

my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diyan ako bilib sa pajero eh, no offense but I'm not really a pajero guy pero pagdating diyan sa paris-dakas, lupet talaga ng pajero!

o nga pala, para sa inyong mga pajero peeps, check out these pics (tho puro suzuki) meron ditong if not stock, almost stock, na pajero. sa mt maarat sila nagtrail!

http://www.pbase.com/deltarecon

OT: Delta Recon is an Extreme Offroad group na puro Suzuki ang gamit nila, kaibigan nila Freeman and Wolf Den and, the head of this group (siya yata ang head) is Yeyet Estrada, yung head naman dati ng Suzuki Club dito sa Pinas...

enjoy the pics! I did! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama po kayo sir wildthing. The dakar rallye is really a high speed dirt race, much like the Baja500 in the states. kaya hindi advantageous ang solid axles dito. :D

Pajeros have historically ruled this gruelling race. dati nga 1,2,3 formation finish pa sila. (they could afford to form a diamond coz they had such a lead over the competition). Na-break lang yung run nila nung nagdominate yung Schleisser buggies. But now theyre back on track :D

The dakar rallye highlights among other things, a vehicles' performance, durability and reliability, as drivers themselves have to fix the car if anything goes wrong. :D

Go Mitsu!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the first time ever I forced myself to watch this rallye. Wow! Whatever opinions I had about it before are gone. I thoroughly enjoyed it! This is a different discipline in offroad motorsport that I would want to try.

Yes its a speed race, but it is also extremely punishing to the vehicle and driver! In the RFC a special stage can last 20 to 30 minutes - mainly because of winching through difficult terrain of less than a kilometer. A Dakar stage can last the entire day (and night) through hundreds of kilometers.

30 to 40 percent of the vehicles were eliminated due to damage. Some vehicles were engulfed in flames with the drivers lying in the sand only meters away from the wreck. Quite a number of competitors were carried out on a stretcher and medevaced to nearby hospitals.

Mitsubishi vehicles will most likely dominate their categories. However, these vehicles are highly modified and not even close in drivetrain, powertrain and suspension systems to the production vehicles one purchases from a Mitsubishi showroom. I will not be surprised if Ford / Chevy components were used. The bodies of these vehicles are most likely significantly lighter than the production body. The bright side here is that Mitsubishi, thru this race, is gathering very valuable data and experience to potentially build a near perfect production offroad machine. Of course, for every auto manufacturer, economics is the limiting factor here.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    freeman::: Sir, the vehicles i featured at the top are race prepared buggies. I think mitsubishi will actually put these babies in production, much like the 1st generation pajero evolution, which was designed primarily to compete in this race. The initial specs i gathered hinted at a new 4.7liter V8 as being the top-end powerplant. :shock: But the Frontiers, X5s and Pajero Ralliart entries are all production cars..... albeit modified for for the race.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
TELEFONICA PARIS-DAKAR RALLYE 2003