New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Just curious: common bang gamitin ang big SUVs like F150, etc. in offroad competitions?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hmmmm... sir masasabi ko lang po basta kaya mo po pwde. pera po kasi problema eh.hehehhe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I don't think anyone in his right frame of mind will he enter in such unless he has the balls and the dough.
    Though F150 is a very capable off-road truck, it is heavy and has poor approach and departure angles, wide for local tracks and a gas guzzler.
    Perhaps in competitions abroad will it suffice.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    napaisip lang ako cos supposedly you should be able to take these SUVs off-road kung kinakailangan. then again, if serious offroaders don't really use them....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

pwede siya... depende sa track talaga... hirap kasing i-generalize yung sinasabi mong "offroad competition".

iba naman kasi ang ginagamit sa mga 4x4 competition dito sa pinas. usually mga old LC or assembled wranglers to keep cost down.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yan_168
    hmmmm... sir masasabi ko lang po basta kaya mo po pwde. pera po kasi problema eh.hehehhe

korek... its a known fact naman na gas guzzler ang f150 kaya i doubt may mag compete na f150 ang gamit..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    most F-150's used for off road racing are entered in the Baja race, in the Phil, ang race course are not friendly to the size of the F-150 or big suv's. But if you ask are they capable off roaders, yes they are but of course may limitation, they are not the best but they can survive if the need arises. just like the LC100 it looks classy but if the need arises it can take you to places ordinary suv's(2wd), crv/rav/escape/xtrail, can only dream about.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends nga on what competition.

Though, as recreational off-roaders, ok naman sila.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung yung mga long competition races like the dakar rally, ok yun kasi malaki, but in the phil. mahirap kasi nga malaki but kaya nya offroad dito sa pinas. matalaw nga lang sa gas.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    not too economical.and most of the time people here in the philippines use f150's as a status image. kaya bihira na makakakita ka ng nakasetup na f150 for offroad. usually lowered. capable? of course! its still an offroad machine! :D who watched triple X 2 : Next Level? ganda ng f150 dun. hehe

SUVs in off-road/4x4 competitions