New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    or maybe the FIA should just have cancelled the race when the teams pulled out (to heck with technicalities!)
    The sad part is that many fans bought plane tickets to travel to Indianapolis just to see this race. Imagine all the trouble, hotel room, etc. then on race day you were informed the race has been cancelled.

According to news items, many fans will be suing to get a refund of their money.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahirap tlaga ung nangyaring un, kahit ako nde makapaniwala na aanim lng ung kumarera, nung nilipat ko kse ung channel e asa 60/73 laps na...taka tuloy ako, kya inabangan ko, nung nalaman ko dahilan tinapos ko hanggang katapusan, pucha, alang wenta kahit ako ung fans manghihingi tlaga ako ng refund, prino promote nila F1 tapos ganun ganun lng mangyayari. minimum of 6 cars to start a race? sobrang konti!!! boooooooooo!!! michelin? boooooooooo!!! :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good lord, and this race had to happen in litigation-happy america of all places hehehe

i think the FIA bungled this up though. maybe they could have allowed the chicane (well, better to piss only ferrari off than all the millions of F1 fans, and especially, US fans)... or maybe they could have bent their own rules regarding the tires in some way for that one race just to save the fan base...

what a PR nightmare hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm...should i be worried? my car has michelins on it now, and i do drive a little bit like JP Montoya

Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Sure, it was an unsportsmanlike decision, but it was the right decision from the competitive point of view. Michael was proving pragmatic about it, but then, he IS a heartless bastard, intent on ONLY winning.

As for Rubens, I won't be surprised if he decides to trade himself at the end of the season. Racing your teammate is one thing, but with Michael being so ruthlessly selfish out there, you can't help but think that he is now starting to look at future options that don't include a Ferrari red racing car.
    i agree with this comment. Rubens HAS to be tired of being a second-class citizen on his team, when he's a pretty decent driver in his own right. he'd probably look pretty good in blue and white

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    good lord, and this race had to happen in litigation-happy america of all places hehehe

i think the FIA bungled this up though. maybe they could have allowed the chicane (well, better to piss only ferrari off than all the millions of F1 fans, and especially, US fans)... or maybe they could have bent their own rules regarding the tires in some way for that one race just to save the fan base...

what a PR nightmare hehe.
    Amen to that. The only thing worse that could have happened was a black flagged race... which it would have been if just two more cars had retired before the starting flag.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    m54 powered,

well, uh, only if you attach an uber-wing onto both ends of your car and drive onto a banked corner hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Michael was proving pragmatic about it, but then, he IS a heartless bastard, intent on ONLY winning.

As for Rubens, I won't be surprised if he decides to trade himself at the end of the season. Racing your teammate is one thing, but with Michael being so ruthlessly selfish out there, you can't help but think that he is now starting to look at future options that don't include a Ferrari red racing car.
    For me, it's cool for champions to be cold and ruthless. I'm tired of all those "feel good" and "happy-faced" heroes, like your friendly neighborhood spiderman types. I like the mean types who live on the edge and will break your balls if you are not up to the challenge. Like how Shaq described how ruthless he is to Kobe: "Kobe will be like a Corvette smashing to a brick wall when he comes here".

P.S. on Rubens, that guy doesn't deserve to whine if he always ends up second fiddle to Schumacher. He had the opportunity to turn-in a superb qualifying time so he can end up infront of the grid ahead of Schumi and ensure a top place finish than Michael .... but he couldn't. Unlike NASCAR, individual points in F1 are more stellar than team points. So helping a team mate in F1 during the race is boring stuffs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jds
    Bobo talaga yang ferrari, siyempre, tatagal yung tires nila kahit 100 laps, eh, they are not pushing the cars very hard. Wala namang kalaban. Yung Jordan at Minardi eh Lap down pa nga eh.

"Fans boo Schumacher to victory"
    http://www.f1racing.net/en/index.php
    eh sino ang bobo ngayon?... nawalan na ng points, malamang magbayad pa ng refunds sa mga sponsors ng USGP

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    can F1 recover in US? heheh. plano pa naman yata nila na mag-dagdag ng race event sa vegas & new york. but with this recent fiasco mukhang malabo na. bad PR for F1 and the sponsors in the biggest market in the world!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i doubt it, baka wala ng contract extension yan...
    maraming sporting event sa US
    kita mo kasabay niya ang NBA finals, US open Golf.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Schumacher wins six-car Indy farce