New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    michelin never really tested before in the indy with its new track surface unlike bridgestone who i guess have data and technical aspect from sister company firestone in the nascar scene.

if bernie e is so strict in the tires rules sana strict din siya sa minimum racers, ang alam ko dapat more than 10 dapat or else cancel ang race.

change the 1 set per weekend tire rule na yan!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    michelin never really tested before in the indy with its new track surface unlike bridgestone who i guess have data and technical aspect from sister company firestone in the nascar scene.
    Michelin has 6 teams to do that. I don't think that they don't have time / resource to test their tires there.

if bernie e is so strict in the tires rules sana strict din siya sa minimum racers, ang alam ko dapat more than 10 dapat or else cancel ang race.
    That's because they surprised everyone by retiring just after the parade lap. Heck, they didn't even bother to finish even a single lap! The nerve of those teams.

change the 1 set per weekend tire rule na yan!!!
    I agree. A lot of mishaps have already resulted because of tire degradation. The drivers & cars can't run as hard as before. Although this has resulted in a lot more savings & less logistical headache.

IMO, at least give the teams a chance to change their tires at least once during a race!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well cant blame anybody, the teams just followed michelin's safety measure,
    cannot blame ferrari for not agreeing the chicane at turn 13 (or 12)

baka naman michelin teams are ganging up on bernie and in the future creating their own race body...

hay naku a sad day for F1 indeed...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i agree na kalokohan talaga yang 1 set tire rule...
    mahirap din kung pagbigyan ang michelin... there were times din na dehado mga yung bridgstone but they still pushed through...
    the michelins were given alternatives naman... i still cant see why the teams not opted for changing their tires as often as needed and just swallow the penalty? they chose michelin and michelin did not deliver... tough luck!!! they could have done the honorable thing and pushed through with the race... magdahan-dahan na lang doon sa delikadong part...
    well baka next year (kung meron pa rin US GP) lalagyan na nila ng p!#*-i%!! chicane na yan... i guess nag decide din ang FIA na medyo too late to change the track...
    sayang din talaga walang compromise na ngawa... kawawa naman mga fans...
    F1 shot itself on the foot again... maybe both feet this time...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well i guess why teams did not race and slowing down on track will result in fighting for P7 and P8 which is just measly points compare to carnage of injuries or fatalities

i blame max mosley as everyone is...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My 2 centavos:

I was up all night last night watching, and the ebb and flow of the story was dramatic, to say the least.

Sure, a Michelin car took the pole (and 2nd... AND 3rd), but the point was that lab analysis showed that the Michelins were really to blame for Ralf's off on Saturday. There was a veeeeery long discussion about changing the track by adding the chicane, which ultimately amounted to nothing.

Michael was right, though... what guarantee is there that teams would honour the "gentleman's agreement" about the chicane? A lot of drivers still overshoot the similarly created chicane at Monaco, and it annoys me to see so many drivers take a whole lot more out of the rumble strip (with tires almost halfway over) than should be legally allowed.

And by the way, the other cars only staged a formation lap. They technically didn't start, but their rankings were carried over as per their theoretical grid positions if they did. It is only if the Jordans had pulled in that they would've called the race, as six IS the minimum number of cars required to start an F1 grand prix.

Ferrari was initially painted as the villain in this set-piece, for being the one team that didn't agree to the track change, but it is only after the race that their position became clear. Every team works under the same handicap in each race in F1. Ferrari did not whine and moan when their set-ups proved uncompetitive or when they had to run much slower than the other teams because of tire problems. These tire problems that Michelin had with this track mirror the problems both tire manufacturers have had over the course of this season. Ferrari have had to live with going slower than they wanted to, race after race.

So, now that everyone else has that problem, they think "tough luck". Nobody leveled the playing field for them.

Sure, it was an unsportsmanlike decision, but it was the right decision from the competitive point of view. Michael was proving pragmatic about it, but then, he IS a heartless bastard, intent on ONLY winning.

As for Rubens, I won't be surprised if he decides to trade himself at the end of the season. Racing your teammate is one thing, but with Michael being so ruthlessly selfish out there, you can't help but think that he is now starting to look at future options that don't include a Ferrari red racing car.

The analysts were wrong, though, about the other teams not having a choice in the matter... they did. They could have raced... driven slower... and lost... but honorably.

That's the reason why NASCAR has it all over F1 in the US. Most of those guys don't have a chance in hell of even coming near the leaders... but they STILL race... and they race hard.

I think the REAL villain in this drama is the no tire-change rule. Maybe it should become the "1 tire change rule"... but then, that's not for us to decide...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by luckytruck
    maybe it's time to bring in a third supplier of tires? pirelli perhaps? or maybe goodyear?
    Or YOKOHAMA ??

Sayang talaga yung Formula 1 kagabi. Ayaw kasing pumayag nung Ferrari na maglagay ng additional CHICANE dun sa racetrack.

Actually, kasama talaga sa laro yung tire quality. Kaso tinigil na lang sana nila yung race kaysa pinatakbo pa nila ng 73 laps. Ginago lang nila yung mga taong nanonood.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dapat i-penalize yung Michelin for the mistake they made. They should be made to answer for the refunds demanded by the local US fans. Tapos si Ecclestone dapat i-refund lahat ng commercial rights na binenta niya sa US GP. Aabot to sa Korte at malaking damages ang sisingilan.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    Dapat i-penalize yung Michelin for the mistake they made. They should be made to answer for the refunds demanded by the local US fans. Tapos si Ecclestone dapat i-refund lahat ng commercial rights na binenta niya sa US GP. Aabot to sa Korte at malaking damages ang sisingilan.
    Actually, yun ang suggestion mismo ng Michelin and all the Michelin cars: na i-penalize na lang sila by allowing them to change tires (thus, breaking the one-tire rule) matuloy lang yung race. In fact, they were offering to have all the Bridgestone cars on the front grid in exchange for Michelin's fiasco. Kaso, ayaw pumayag nung FIA at Ferrari.

Para sakin, maganda na yung deal na yun matuloy lang yung race dahil kawawa yung 120,000 people na pumunta nung araw na yun. Kaso, patigasan talaga sila.

Lastly, hindi mo rin pwedeng sabihin sa drivers na bagalan nila yung takbo dun sa high-speed corner. Kung ka-initan ng laban at dikit ang karera, the drivers will take the risk and push their cars to the limit. Tingnan mo yung nangyari kay Raikonnen last time. He could have went to the pit stop to change a damaged tire but he compromised his safety manalo lang siya. He was just lucky he was not killed in that accident.

Ang the best talaga sana is allowing all Michelin cars to change tires during the race then penalize them for it according to race rules. Atleast natuloy yung race.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba talaga nangyari ? hehe sorry dont follow F1 anymore since 03...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Schumacher wins six-car Indy farce