New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ...I'm moving to Makati sometime next year (first quarter) and I plan on taking my RX8 with me. Is there a communinty of rotary engine enthusiasts? And how's the drift scene out there? Any sanctioned events going on regularly? I'm aware about the the auto-x's but not to sure about drifting. I also own a 1986 corolla (hachiroku/trueno) but I'm leaving that here in Cali.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    wow... gusto ko AE86 ... may mga nakikita ako RX7 dito sir.... anu na nga ba tawag dun? FC b o FD?.... along examiner street. Q.C. i'm not sure about clubs though.........

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    just leave your rx8 there and bring home your ae86...since you'll be having problems sourcing parts for your rx8 here. drifting is slowly catching up here in PI. had 3 santioned events last year

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by macho palito View Post
    just leave your rx8 there and bring home your ae86...since you'll be having problems sourcing parts for your rx8 here. drifting is slowly catching up here in PI. had 3 santioned events last year
    I would, but the AE86 doesn't have an A/C and no back seats. I removed the entire A/C system and gutted the whole interior (except for the dash and door liners) I have 2 daughters, so I need back seats and even if I do I don;t think they can survive bein' inside a loud ass car without air conditioning.
    ...and as far as parts, I'll be bringing my own spare parts. and if there's anything I need from the US or Japan, I got my siblings to ship 'em to me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I say go for it, bring it here. The hard thing about that, is that you're gonna need to find a good mechanic that knows his way around rotary engines. But, if I were you, i'd bring it here, it's worth it. It'll be a head turner for sure. Goodluck with that!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    I say go for it, bring it here. The hard thing about that, is that you're gonna need to find a good mechanic that knows his way around rotary engines. But, if I were you, i'd bring it here, it's worth it. It'll be a head turner for sure. Goodluck with that!
    thanks! as of right now, that's the plan. I'm a mechanic by trade, and my tools/equipment are shipping together with the car so that area is well covered

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mga pare, may alam ba kayo na lugar kung saan pwede mag drift? kahit yung may bayad sa entrance, yung close/private circuit a, hindi yung kung saan saan nalang tulad sa C5 at tagaytay downhill.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Meron dito 2yrs na. Check out our website. http/www.laterald.com

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    go to DMF to know the drifting scene

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I think this summer there will be drifting events.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
rotary community and drift events