New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Whilst retaining Flavio Briatore

Renault will shortly distribute a joint press release confirming the extension of Flavio Briatore's contract and a sensational deal to snatch Kimi Raikkonen from the clutches of both Ferrari and McLaren Mercedes.

The Finn's manager, Steve Robertson, spent twenty minutes - from 3.20pm to 3.50pm - in the Renault motor home at Magny Cours on Friday, as he met with Briatore.

26-year-old Raikkonen's almost certain agreement to race for the blue and yellow team in 2007 follows renewed paddock speculation that Michael Schumacher will definitely race beyond '06.

Raikkonen's camp was having none of the latest paddock whispering, however, with Robertson's father - David - telling the Guardian: "There is no ink dry on any contract for Kimi and any team anywhere for next year. There is not even one written in pencil."

Briatore, meanwhile, is understood to have now informed carmaker Renault's upper management that he will continue to lead the Enstone based team, but only for one more season.

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Damn Michael Schumacher! Why cant he just step down and let the team harness talents like Kimi. Michael already has broken too many records and scandals in his entire career.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Wala pang official announcement. Sabi nga nila, it's not over until it's over. So Kimi is still with McLaren.

Si Schumacher, I think it is good if he will continue racing in 2007 or beyond. Schumi is a colorful driver and it is fun to watch others try to beat him. His performance in the last French GP recently was superb. So i don't think Schumacher is the problem. It's either Raikkonen wants to join Ferrari, or go somewhere else, which is fine.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Damn Michael Schumacher! Why cant he just step down and let the team harness talents like Kimi. Michael already has broken too many records and scandals in his entire career.
    Err... there are 10 other teams in F1 who can "harness" Kimi and the like.

Why blame Schumi & Ferrari for continuing to still win?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I concede that it may not be fun to watch two top drivers on the same team. Especially knowing the fact that your teammate only extended his contract for another year because he wants to win the World Championship one last time -- you don't want to come in and be the spoiler of such desires.

But nevertheless, I'm not withdrawing my wager that Kimi will take a Ferrari seat for 2007. We'll find out next month who is the winner in the "Guess Kimi's 2007 Drive" contest.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about a friendly avatar bet on Kimi's future team?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yeah I really want Kimi on a Ferrari car, his talent doesn't deserve the shortcomings of McLaren Mercedes.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Whilst retaining Flavio Briatore

Renault will shortly distribute a joint press release confirming the extension of Flavio Briatore's contract and a sensational deal to snatch Kimi Raikkonen from the clutches of both Ferrari and McLaren Mercedes.

The Finn's manager, Steve Robertson, spent twenty minutes - from 3.20pm to 3.50pm - in the Renault motor home at Magny Cours on Friday, as he met with Briatore.

26-year-old Raikkonen's almost certain agreement to race for the blue and yellow team in 2007 follows renewed paddock speculation that Michael Schumacher will definitely race beyond '06.

Raikkonen's camp was having none of the latest paddock whispering, however, with Robertson's father - David - telling the Guardian: "There is no ink dry on any contract for Kimi and any team anywhere for next year. There is not even one written in pencil."

Briatore, meanwhile, is understood to have now informed carmaker Renault's upper management that he will continue to lead the Enstone based team, but only for one more season.

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International
    Nagsara na kaya itong GMM CAPSIS International ?? :ooops:

Renault to land Kimi Raikkonen