New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi all,

This is James Deakin, I am one of the editors of C! Magazine.

I came across your forum because a number of your members have emailed me and the latest one (mazdamazda) included a link to this site. I'm glad I dropped by.

Anyway, I have a unique and rare opportunity that I would like to share with the members here who have clearly shown support to C! magazine through all these years. I will be flying to Shanghai on Tuesday for the Chinese Grand Prix with Castrol Philippines, and they have given me the chance to spend a little time with JPM. Although nothing can actually be promised, I would like to offer members here the chance to ask JPM a question through me. If it all works out, I'll post the questions with the answers and photos as well as publishing it in C! with credit to whoever's question I used.

Please understand that time may be limited with JPM and I will only get to ask him a few questions, so I would like to limit it to those who are bonafide fans that would really appreciate this rare opportunity.

One last thing. Because Castrol is sponsoring, it may not be possible or proper to ask questions regarding his move to Maclaren.

Pls post your questions and hopefully I can get them answered for you. Make sure to include your real name!

God Bless! and thanks for your continued support.

James Deakin

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've got one:

"How would you differentiate F1 from CART? Being on Team Canassi (hope I'm getting that right), you virtually dominated CART during your time there, much the same as Michael Schumacher is doing now. How difficult was it to adapt to the higher level of competition in F1 when you came over?"

"Would you say that you are now performing at the peak of your abilities, or can expect more surprises from you in the coming seasons?"

P.S.: Can I still get my cologne? Haven't had the time to pick it up! :santa:
    Last edited by niky; September 17th, 2004 at 03:40 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Astig! your one of the host in a motoring show in channel 9 right? Correct me na lang if am wrong ok

got a question:

what do you do in your free time, if your not testing or not doing anything about f1

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Other possible questions:

Which of the other drivers do you have most respect for?

What are the main things you have learned about driving since coming into F1?

What do you think is your biggest success in Formula 1?

What do you think is your biggest mistake in Formula 1?

Is Formula One everything you dreamed it would be?

Do you miss racing in more of a "drivers" series as opposed to a "team" series?

Burger King or McDonalds?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by hagiber
    Other possible questions:

LOL. :hihihi:

Mr. Deakin, welcome to Tsikot, sir.

Question for JPM, hmm...

Your website lists your Hobby as computer games. What game are you playing these days?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Question for JPM:

did you have 2nd thoughts when you were offered by mclaren to move from BMW?

we all know that BMW is one of the team to beat, but why transfer? is it bcoz of the package? or the reliability of the car?

sana ma post ito sa c! mag::effone

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by hagiber

Do you miss racing in more of a "drivers" series as opposed to a "team" series?

LOL at the last...

But CART was not really a driver's series... Team Canassi had so many championships with so many different drivers... they were as effective as Ferrari is now... the best pit crews and strategies... as well as great reliability. It was more exciting, though... because the spread of the field and the difference in driver talent meant lots and lots and lots of overtaking... sayang wala na siya.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ah here's a question:

Would you consider driving for Ferrari alongside Michael Schumacher?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does Connie has a sister? he..he

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by the_wildthing
    Ah here's a question:

Would you consider driving for Ferrari alongside Michael Schumacher?
    I dont think you'd want to hear his answer to that question :-) Hehe...baka censored yung sagot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
A rare opportunity: Ask Montoya a question