Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    what is your fastest speed?

marcos hway - 70km/hr

Kennon - 60 Km/hr

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Downhill? Pretty slow for me at night over the high Sierra Nevada passes east and northeast of Bakersfield, CA.

I had to go pretty slow because my headlights were shining on the next pass while the 180 degree turn with a 500m drop ahead of me was in the dark. There were no guard rails to show exactly where the drop is.

I only picked that route because it looked like a shortcut on the map.

I engine-braked a lot. But, I can still remember the smell of the brakes cooking (my turbo DSM).

On downhill freeways, I just let it go and only brake occasionally when I go past 90 mph.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 8th, 2009 at 09:32 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    what is your fastest speed?
    80-90 kmh through the curves of Marcos Highway.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 8th, 2009 at 09:40 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Delikado masyado mabilis going down Kennon Road, Marcos Highway due to perennial landslides, rolling boulders of rock. Why not try speeding down Loakan Road going to PMA instead? May white lady kayo na makita doon. Ask the taxi drivers there.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Downhill?

Not in Marcos Highway, but in Tugegarao, about 140+. Right before a Land Rover Defender (on skinny 30" high off-road tires) overtook us.

Going downhill at speed is dangerous if your car doesn't have the brakes for it.

I don't think any of us are going to break Richard Guttierez's 200+ km/h Tagaytay record... without dying in the process... any time soon.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    80-90 kmh through the curves of Marcos Highway.

same with me, 80-90kph in marcos highway....

kennon road,80kph was my maximum speed before it was devastated
    by typhon Ondoy, right now 40-50kph because of rough road...

*sir nickriingen:
    I lived in Loakan Road, never seen a white lady,hehehe....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    marcos 70-80kph sa 2000 starex... hindi kaya ng engine brake kahit nasa L o L2 lalo na pag puno kayo at may kargada, madalas nangangamoy ang preno hehehe

pero sa montero sport 100kph nasubukan ko kayang kaya ng manual mode mag engine brake

OT: yung white lady ba doon sa may parang maliit na center island? diba dati may puno doon parang putol na nung huling daan ko...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sarceangel View Post
    same with me, 80-90kph in marcos highway....

kennon road,80kph was my maximum speed before it was devastated
    by typhon Ondoy, right now 40-50kph because of rough road...

*sir nickriingen:
    I lived in Loakan Road, never seen a white lady,hehehe....
    sir Baguio ka pala, along marcos hway ako

.. yeap walang white lady along that road.. ung sinasabing may puno sa gitna ng daan

- ang bibilis nyo pala or mabagal lang tlaga ako heheh

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On Kennon Road there are stretches where you can hit the high rpm range on 2nd and 3rd gear on a 1.6L car if you're confident enough with your brakes so thats around 110 to 120kph on your speedo before the curb. This is in the Camp 2 (or Camp 3) area AFAIK.

But heck, on Kennon Road, the best way to negotiate is being nice and smooth through the turns (3rd and 4th gear).

I have not been up since the typhoons but its sad to hear if the asphalt has been washed away as the last time i was up the road conditions on Kennon were pretty good already.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Still wondering why people are so fascinated with high speed downhill runs... since they are patently stupid and dangerous (yes, I posted 140, but I was stupid at the time...). I've seen stock Civic brakes give out on the downhill run at just 60 km/h... what more if you're doing over 100?

Brakes get hot going downhill... and any extended driving going downhill at high speeds will overheat the brake pads, boil the brake fluid and chuck you off at the next corner... you know... the one where they have sandbags instead of a railing, because that's where the last idiot went off...

-

Now, uphill... that's another story... ...Did I ever tell you about the time I chased an X5 going over 160 km/h going up to Tagaytay? I don't think I've ever beaten that record... Didn't even try to overtake the guy, Lynx was stock back then, so I didn't have enough power, though I could have taken him out at one of the hairpins... the X5 handles well, but not that well... besides... he had xenons, I didn't. :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
your fastest speed downhill Marcos and /or Kennon road