New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    btw, would like to ask sana kung kumusta ang kennon road na ngayon? ok pa rin ba na daanan ng light vehicles? planning on baguio trip sana, and this time i would like to try this route..
    Kung di ka pa nkkbyahe bro, at sa mga bibyahe pa lang. Around 25% ng kennon road e one-way dahil sa rehabilitation. I suggest you travel early in the morning or night. I've been there last October & I wasnt able to notice my speed, but most of the time, eyes on the road![/QUOTE]

I went up last November and a lot was still under roadworks according to my brother who went up earlier so i took Marcos highway instead. Avoid Kennon at night since per my experience before, there was some roadworks right after a blind turn with no warning signs or lights (one side of the road was dug up).

The real PITA was that construction between La Union and Sison. I got stuck there for one whole stupid hour because of the one-way road that time, coupled wit idiotic traffic management (i should have taken it via Dagupan - Camiling instead).

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hmm, still not good h!
    My route before was Dagupan-Rosario-kennon, ok naman ang byahe ko nun.

Dagupan-camiling? Saan ka ba galing nun Bro?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, still not good h!
    My route before was Dagupan-Rosario-kennon, ok naman ang byahe ko nun.

Dagupan-camiling? Saan ka ba galing nun Bro?
    Galing Baguio (via Marcos). Pero sa hassle ng traffic at paghintay ko dun sa one lane roadworks inbetween Sison and La Union, plus the bridge being constructed near Moncada at that time, mas nag enjoy nalang sana ako to pass through Rosario - Dagupan - Camiling. Longer but at least steady driving lang then kumain nalang sana ako sa Dagupena. Naabutan pa kami ng padilim because of the traffic so i could not take my usual back road route.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I went up last November and a lot was still under roadworks according to my brother who went up earlier so i took Marcos highway instead. Avoid Kennon at night since per my experience before, there was some roadworks right after a blind turn with no warning signs or lights (one side of the road was dug up).

The real PITA was that construction between La Union and Sison. I got stuck there for one whole stupid hour because of the one-way road that time, coupled wit idiotic traffic management (i should have taken it via Dagupan - Camiling instead).
    Good info... I was about to try kennon road this time next week dahil lagi marcos highway daan namin...
    Well I guess , marcos nanaman daan namin nito...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I think even there's a lot of road construction along Kennon Road, it is still the best way going up to baguio when travelling at day time because it is the fastest way, We went to baguio last August, On the way up we use the Marcos Hiway and going back to Manila, we use the Kennon road, It will not takes time a lot even you have to stop and yield in one way road. and also you will not consume more Gas/diesel when you use Kennon Road.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Galing Baguio (via Marcos). Pero sa hassle ng traffic at paghintay ko dun sa one lane roadworks inbetween Sison and La Union, plus the bridge being constructed near Moncada at that time, mas nag enjoy nalang sana ako to pass through Rosario - Dagupan - Camiling. Longer but at least steady driving lang then kumain nalang sana ako sa Dagupena. Naabutan pa kami ng padilim because of the traffic so i could not take my usual back road route.
    I mean saan ka pauwi?
    Ok naman byahe ko nun kahit na nung gabi pauwi, mas clear ang traffic, >30mins lang nasa baba na ako ng kennon road. Yun nga lang kung mahina siguro ang ilaw e risky talaga!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I mean saan ka pauwi?
    Ok naman byahe ko nun kahit na nung gabi pauwi, mas clear ang traffic, >30mins lang nasa baba na ako ng kennon road. Yun nga lang kung mahina siguro ang ilaw e risky talaga!
    Pa-Manila ako that time. I travel a lot at night also when i'm going up north as traffic is light but usually my return trip to Manila i try to leave early in the morning or after lunch at the latest. Kennon is still my first choice always as long as the weather and road conditions are good.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Mas ok yung via camiling road yun nga lang mas mapapalayo ka ng around 30kms.

Happy trip na lang sa mga babyahe ng Baguio lalo nitong Christmas vacation.

Update na lang sa mga tsikoters na magagawi ng Baguio kung saan magandang ruta, at perwisyong ruta..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
your fastest speed downhill Marcos and /or Kennon road