New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2004 Race of Champions Nations Cup

http://motortrend.com/features/news/...up/index1.html

basically, it's supposed to be a competition between the very best from all racing disciplines - F1, WRC, Nascar, MotoGP, LeMans, etc. each country is represented by a team of two racing in identical cars.

has anyone have more news about what the full field looks like? the news article says that three current points leaders - Michael Schumacher from F1 (GER), Jeff Gordon from Nascar (USA) and Sebastian Loeb from WRC (FRA) will all be representing their countries.

past participants/winners include Valentino Rossi, Tommi Makkinen, Fernando Alonso, Tom Christensen, Cristiano de Matta and Colin McRae.

has anybody seen the race and can comment about format, past winners, etc.? i can't believe it's gone on for 17 years and i hadn't heard about it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's by invitation only.
    And only recently(2-3years ago) has it gain popularity with the press.

www.raceofchampions.com

Take a look at the roster of the past winners & you'll see they all have something in common.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Auto_Xer

Take a look at the roster of the past winners & you'll see they all have something in common.
    yeah, they all drive awd vehicles with dirt tires in their 'spare' time

but now with racing's most dominant driver and top money man as the headliner, maybe this race really takes off this year...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm wondering, though... what format and cars do they use?

If it's a road car race, my money goes to the rally drivers... they're more adept at handling cars beyond the control limits.

Michael is good, but he's a driver used to vehicles that can corner on rails (Karts and Formula cars), it will be interesting to see how he does with a lot less grip.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know if it was meant to be a mainstream competition.
    I think it had it's roots in being something the drivers did for fun during the off season.
    Last edited by Auto_Xer; October 28th, 2004 at 09:15 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana sa showdown schumi vs loeb. Kay loeb ako. ma televise kaya ito??

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    anu ba ang race track?? i think d mananalo si schumi against the rally racers... tingnan mo nga naman ang nananalo hehehe puro rally drivers

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ahhh race track pala.. may chance pa eheheh and identical cars pa... honda engine hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh, i forgot about this thread, hehe.

maybe if schumi beats the field in the same car, he can silence the critics who keep saying "it's the car!"

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Schumi already whips the butts of most of his co-drivers in F1 in the karting championships. It's not JUST the car... the question is, how well would he do with LESS than perfect grip and handling?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Race of Champions: Nations Cup - racing's 'all star game'