New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been watching F1 races lately, sa F1 race track merong Speed Trap and Finish Line di ba, eh ano ito:

Intermediate 1
    Intermediate 2

Why is that part of the track called as such?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    artpogi, the track is basically divided into 3 sections. the intermediates (1 and 2) are the imaginary (actually may line nga ata across the track) lines that identifies that particular section. it provides a timing picture of how well a car is doing on a particular lap (especially qualifying) even if the lap hasn't been completed yet.

first sector = start/finish to intermediate 1
    second sector = intermediate 1 to intermediate 2
    third sector = intermediate 2 to start/finish

the times showed on the race coverage however always show the time passed since crossing the finish line. so you actually dont get a time for the second sector (unless you calculate it yourself).

starting to be an f1 fan eh? :D why dont you watch the next few races with some race fans? :mrgreen: i'll put up a thread pag malapit na next GP :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    logbook,

thanks for the explanation.

Actually my interest in F1 started about 2 years ago, ngayon ko lang natanong yung tungkol sa parts ng track.

Masarap manood ng F1, lalo na with the change in rules sa qualifying, IMHO it help the smaller teams to get better starting position.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May actual line nga across the track sa intermediate sections and sa speed trap. Di lang minsan pansin kasi kung mapapansin nyo during the races, yung timing results usually delayed mga 0.5 - 1 second. siguro kasi the time it takes the signals to pass from the car to the receiver to whatever else is in between to out televisions.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    artpogi, no problem. tagal mo na rin palang f1 fan eh....what team are you rooting for? i sorta agree with the new changes....f1 seems a bit more exciting than last year hehehe.

kevinp, thanks for the added info. dude, sama ka na next GP viewin ayt? :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by logbook
    kevinp, thanks for the added info. dude, sama ka na next GP viewin ayt? :mrgreen:
    basta ba sunduin moko sa bahay. hehehe!!! seriously, hitch na lang siguro ako kay agent j. sana di ako tamarin... :?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ngayon pa lang ako nagsisimula manood ng F1...sama ako dyan kung may oras

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by logbook
    artpogi, no problem. tagal mo na rin palang f1 fan eh....what team are you rooting for? i sorta agree with the new changes....f1 seems a bit more exciting than last year hehehe.
    I like Ferrari, Renault and Mclaren. But among the drivers I like Alonso and Kimi, aside from Michael Schumi.

A few years more and Kimi will be the man to beat or probably Alonso.

Gusto ko din improvement ng Toyota from the previous years.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    They place their respective in Intermediate 1 & 2 so they can initially see if they are fairing enough....at least alam na nila if they need to catch more speed before reaching the finish line...

Have enjoyed watching the race for almost 2 years....especially this year with lots of rule changes.

Austrian GP Friday Qualifying later at around 8pm (Manila time)...exciting to...

And don't forget Race Day on Sunday....

Will we see Barichello leading again and give way to Schumi on the final lap...?

Alonso, a promising driver at his early age. Can't wait to see him win a race this year!

:lol:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vhenok, f1 fan(atic?) ka rin pala e. sama ka sa f1 eb sa craic. jupiter st. in makati at 7pm on sunday. tignan mo yung post ni logbook for more details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Question Race Track