New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.planet-f1.com/Home/story_11859.shtml

Piquet, who won the Drivers' Championship in 1981, '83 and '87, believes Schumacher is the best F1 driver of his generation, is better than Ayrton Senna, and could well be the best driver Formula One will ever have.

The reason Piquet rates the German above the late Senna is because Schumacher was willing to move from Benetton, with whom he won two titles, to Ferrari, who had not won the Drivers' title since Jody Scheckter in 1979. It was a move that Piquet says took 'courage' and one that worked out in Schumacher's favour.

"Michael Schumacher is the best by far right now and can be the best ever, if he is not already," Piquet told the Daily Express newspaper.
    "If you take all the electronics off the car, Schumacher will be much better than most drivers, much better than Rubens Barrichello, much better in the same Ferrari."

"Schumacher can be the best ever. He did something that many good drivers did not do by moving teams to make another better. He had the courage to go for a team that was not strong. Ferrari had not won the championship for 21 years."

"Senna always wanted to go for the best team. It was the same when he went from McLaren to Williams. For me this makes Schumacher much better than Senna, and I say this as a Brazilian."

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano sa tingin ninyo kung pumunta si M. Schumacher sa Minardi.

Gaano kaya kataas aabot si M. Schumi sa standings kung ilagay mo siya sa Minardi?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if schumy moved to minardi, they wouldn't have any car at all. :P

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    if schumy moved to minardi, they wouldn't have any car at all. :P
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Get real. Senna is the best ever. Schumacher won his first WDC titile the year Ayrton died, and his death was during the peak of his career (he could easily win at least 2 more championships if not for the fatal accident).

Michael can be much better than the rest without electronic aids? C'mon, he can't even control a perfect car in Brazil (retired by spinning).

I think the most all-around driver right now is Giancarlo Fisichella. I'm not crediting him for his lucky win in Interlagos, but for his tremendous skill in the wet. He got to overtake Raikkonen in a much inferior car on a very watery track. It can't get better than that, can it?

Montoya, Raikkonen and Alonso have skills that match or even surpass Schumacher's. Any of these guys can win championships, and perhaps all the races if they have the best car. :wink:Get real. Senna is the best ever. Schumacher won his first WDC titile the year Ayrton died, and his death was during the peak of his career (he could easily win at least 2 more championships if not for the fatal accident).

Michael can be much better than the rest without electronic aids? C'mon, he can't even control a perfect car in Brazil (retired by spinning).

I think the most all-around driver right now is Giancarlo Fisichella. I'm not crediting him for his lucky win in Interlagos, but for his tremendous skill in the wet. He got to overtake Raikkonen in a much inferior car on a very watery track. It can't get better than that, can it?

Montoya, Raikkonen and Alonso have skills that match or even surpass Schumacher's. Any of these guys can win championships, and perhaps all the races if they have the best car. :wink:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wel never know who really is the best. in the short time they competed at the same level, one was faster and the other won the race. so who was better? quicker? im not a schumacher fan but i have t agree that hes the best now...but the best ever i dont think so.

i stilllike the guy with the yellow helmet=)

Piquet: Schumacher > Senna