New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    It was announced after the Italian GP. It was all a personal decision which was hard to make, as admitted by Schumacher himself during the post-race interview. He thanked the team, his family and mates for an utterly successful career, winning 90 races and taking 68 poles for starters.

Kimi Raikkonen is confirmed to replace the 37 year-old great to partner Felipe Massa for 2007.

I hope his next life will be as accomplished as that on the track.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's the full transcript

"Words are not enough and whatever I could say now will never fully express how much I love this fascinating world of motor sport and all it has given me," said Schumacher. "From go-karting to Formula One, I have lived through moments that I will never forget. I am profoundly grateful for everything I have had. I want to thank everyone who has accompanied me, supported and inspired me, right back to the days of my childhood.

“Above all, a special thanks goes to (my wife) Corinna and our two children, who have given me the strength to do what I have done. All these years in Formula One have been amazing, especially those spent alongside my friends in the Scuderia. Soon my future will belong to my family, while I am happy to be still part of Ferrari. But for now, what matters is this world championship."

Schumacher has been with Ferrari for 11 seasons, securing five of his drivers' titles with the team and contributing to six of their constructors' crowns. No other driver has won as much with the Italian squad, who were keen to pay tribute to their great driver.

"I had always said that the decision to retire would be his alone, but now that decision has been taken, I feel a sense of sadness," commented Ferrari President and CEO, Luca di Montezemolo. "We have lived through some unforgettable times together, some good some bad, achieving results that will be hard to equal. To Michael goes the thanks of everyone in the company and supporters of Ferrari for all the dedication he has shown to our colours, for the determination and courage with which he has worked, which has provided immense satisfaction. He is both sincere and passionate and has earned the affection of all of us and of our fans. His relationship with Maranello will continue, albeit in a different form and I am very happy about that."

"Michael has been the author of a unique chapter in the history of Formula One and of Ferrari in particular. It has yet to reach its conclusion and what he has achieved extends over and above the results obtained," added Managing Director, Jean Todt. "He is an exceptional man and will become a legend as a driver. For me personally, he is a great friend and together we have lived through unrepeatable experiences. Having had the opportunity to work alongside him has been and will continue to be a privilege."
    source: http://www.formula1.com/race/news/4930/765.html

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    If Massa did not come into the picture and if Iceman's contract with Mclaren ended a bit earlier, we could have seen a revival of Prost-Senna team-up. Schumi and Kimi could have been the most potent combination for the scarlet cars. But Michael Schumacher will be remembered long after he's taken the backseat in F1 motor racing. This year's Driver's title will be a fitting finale to a illustrious career.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kimi in RED...

one problem though...

i cannot understand a single thing when speaking at the press

FIA should put subtitles he..he

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kimi: pa da da da da pu po pu pa di to la po la du do pa po pa la la
    ganito magsalita amp wahahaha =))

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    Kimi in RED...

one problem though...

i cannot understand a single thing when speaking at the press

FIA should put subtitles he..he
    yeah reminds of duffy duck when he's mad.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much $$$/EUR is Kimi's contract with Ferrari?

Any idea under what capacity will Schumi be involved with Ferrari after he retires?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Eismann View Post
    If Massa did not come into the picture and if Iceman's contract with Mclaren ended a bit earlier, we could have seen a revival of Prost-Senna team-up. Schumi and Kimi could have been the most potent combination for the scarlet cars. But Michael Schumacher will be remembered long after he's taken the backseat in F1 motor racing. This year's Driver's title will be a fitting finale to a illustrious career.
    Kimi signed up with Ferrari because Michael was leaving. Kimi would not have joined Ferrari if Michael is still there. That is why he was considering Renault early this year.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Honestly, I thought Schumacher will give it one more go next year and finally retire. That's because Ferrari will have yet another advantage as Michelin leaves F1 after 2006. Well, maybe Kimi will win a well-deserved WDC next year.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Honestly, I thought Schumacher will give it one more go next year and finally retire. That's because Ferrari will have yet another advantage as Michelin leaves F1 after 2006. Well, maybe Kimi will win a well-deserved WDC next year.
    it will be a battle between FA and KR next year. ito ang magandang panuorin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Official: Michael Schumacher Retires After 2006 Season