New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Having retained Fisichella and signed test driver Kovalainen, Renault is not likely to have a solid driver to challenge top pilots like Alonso and Raikkonen next year. Giancarlo proved to be a bit too tame to be championship material and Heiiki is simply inexperienced.

I personally think putting HK into a race seat that early is a risk for the French team. It's either hero or zero in his first year. However, he and GF can be a good tandem to fight for the constructor's trophy.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Giancarlo Fisichella would be okay as a mentor, but he's not driven enough to be first chair... and yeah, Heiki is a big gamble... I think he could possibly surprise us all and go straight to the sharp end of the pack, but then, there are a lot of great up-and-coming drivers he has to compete with.

Too bad for Renault, but I believe Flavio can cope.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    As a fan and logical thinker, I believe Montoya is the smarter choice. But whether or not he will do very well as a #1 driver for a top team we'll never know anymore.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Flavio is projecting Heikki to be the next FA. Remember, back in 2003, Flavio gave FA a race seat. Before that, FA was 'only' a test driver for them, same as with Heikki's case now.

As for Montoya, dun na lang siya sa NASCAR where caution laps are a normal scene. Nasa element nya sya dun!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Alright, we have a fellow Montoya fan here.

Anyhow, Renault wasn't in the top spot yet during FA's rookie year. Since they weren't challenging for the titles that time, they can still afford to risk a youngster. Besides, even MS with that Renault wouldn't have a chance also. Now that they're fighting for the championship, they need someone who can surely deliver the goods. He must be at par with FA and KR, the potential contenders.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Dapat diyan sa Renault si Kubica. Although, hindi na siya palalampasin ng BMW. How about Rosberg? (Hindi kasi ako bilib sa Fisichela, as Alonso is a distinctly different class, - way beyond him.)

:starwars:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I wonder why the good drivers are not flocking to Renault? I think
    Renault is a very good team. McLaren wasnt able to deliver the
    goods when it mattered since it was Renault who was able to break
    Ferrari's 5 year winning streak.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    I wonder why the good drivers are not flocking to Renault? I think
    Renault is a very good team. McLaren wasnt able to deliver the
    goods when it mattered since it was Renault who was able to break
    Ferrari's 5 year winning streak.
    baka kasi corny magiging service car nila. unlike ferrari, mercedes and bmw. at least toyota can grant their driver a lexus.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Dapat diyan sa Renault si Kubica. Although, hindi na siya palalampasin ng BMW. How about Rosberg? (Hindi kasi ako bilib sa Fisichela, as Alonso is a distinctly different class, - way beyond him.)

:starwars:
    Rosberg? That snob-looking, 'feeling' guy defending an indefensible position in Canada? Who does he think he is? The hell with being a son of a former F1 driver! Like haller, the driver behind him can pass even Schumi himself with hardly breaking a sweat! And look what happened in Montreal, he got 0 points out of a collision instead of at least one.

Put simply, he's no better than Heikki, especially attitude-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    baka kasi corny magiging service car nila. unlike ferrari, mercedes and bmw. at least toyota can grant their driver a lexus.
    One time, Raikkonen was riding a Mercedes limo and so Alonso jogging outside the hotel. He jokingly asked his companion, "Don't they have service cars in Renault?"
    Last edited by squala; September 23rd, 2006 at 01:06 AM.

No Potenital Ace Driver for Renault in 2007