New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are we looking at the first female f1 driver?

Michelle, Asian karting’s top belle

The Philippine Star 12/29/2004

SENTUL, Indonesia–For the third straight year, Michelle Bumgarner of M&M Racing emerged the lone Filipino champion in the recently concluded 2004 Asian Zone Open Karting Championships at the Sentul Race track here.

Bumgarner, who’s backed by Samsung, Standard Insurance and Oakley, only wound up third in the championship race after spinning out with only three laps to go, but she already amassed enough points to capture the Formula-A Open crown in this annual karting series.

It was her first time to race in the Formula-A Open after clinching back-to-back crowns in the premiere Junior Intercontinental-A class in 2002 and 2003.

"I’m very proud to raise the country’s flag high once more in this prestigious Asian series. This is my Christmas gift for my country and my fellowmen who have been my inspiration in winning this crown," said the 16-year-old Bumgarner who will be feted by the Philippine Sportswriters Association with a citation in the annual awards night set Jan. 13 at the Holiday Inn Manila Pavilion.

Her rigorous training under former world karting champion Terry Fullerton and the new top-of-the-line Intrepid karts proved to be major factors in dominating the Asian karting scene this year despite big improvement of the Indonesians who are competing in the prestigious European championship this season.

http://www.michelebumgarnerracing.com/index.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are there any regulations in F1 that prevents females from entering the sport?

or F1 just doesn't interest women.

OT: medyo kahawig niya si camille pratts

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...read somewhere that women actually make better fighter pilots. dunno if it also transcends to F1 racing. pero teka, is she even old enough to have a driver's license?
    Last edited by badkuk; December 29th, 2004 at 10:31 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope. she's just 16.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    galing talaga ni Michelle Bumgarner...Sana ganyan din ako kagaling sa racing hehe..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    galing nga nyan...ganda pa. :D

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, magaling at maganda kaso lg bata pa :D

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sa akin oks lang siya..tama lang ang ganda niya...hehe..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ang galing! all hands down ako sa kanya!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    diba may baumgarner na na driver sa F1? sa minardi ata.

Michelle Bumgarner