New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yes.... a very nice one from Schumi..... wala yata talagang nakaka overtake sa Imola. specially kung sa top 5 runners. lumalayo na ang points ni Alonso... mukang sya na naman ang Champion this year.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my observation of the Honda team, including the past two seasons, is that their team strategy during the race leaves a lot to be desired.

For the current season, their car is okay, probably not as fast as Renault's but definitely their's is at the top bunch of teams with fast cars.

It's just that I notice that their race strategy is not that well thought out and sometimes they have a reliability issue during racedays.

Must be frustrating for Button, especially for Reubens

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK... the lollipop man is also the pit crew head.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Honda's got some of the same car problems as Toyota had last season. They're fast, sometimes very fast... but they can't maintain that pace for the entire race. At least Jarno Trulli didn't have Jenson Button's monumental bad luck.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    They're fast, sometimes very fast... but they can't maintain that pace for the entire race.
    quite true

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The lollipop guy let Jenson right when he saw the fuel hose being taken off. It turns out the hose got stuck, and perhaps out of panic, he put the lollipop back down, giving Jenson some beating there.

As for overtaking, yes it's quite hard to do such a thing in Imola. The circuit was modified after Senna crashed to his death, which made it safer at the expense of excitement. This is one of the tracks I really don't like. But I still believe either Montoya or Raikkonen would have gotten past Michael given the same situation. The McLaren pair are among the best overtakers on the grid.
    Last edited by squala; April 27th, 2006 at 01:13 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    If you watch the slow-mo replay, the fuel rig mechanics never made any motions to pull-out the nozzle from Jenson's car when the lollipop was abruptly raised. They were still fueling Jenson's car that's why a mechanic got drenched with petrol when the nozzle was torn-off after Button sped away. Looks like a human-error gaffe to me by the lollipop man, rather than the nozzle failing to disengage and screwing the lollipop man's pre-emptive timing action.

With Schumacher's defensive driving technique, Renault realized that there was no way Alonso can get past that Ferrari in Imola, so they quickly changed strategy and decided to make it a "battle of the pit crew" instead. In fact, I think that strategy made the final laps of the race more exciting to watch on TV rather than watch Alonso tailing the Farrari hopelessly and they go to the pits at the same time. It was exciting to see whether Schumi will come out of the pits just in time to block Alonso again. And that was exactly what happened. It made me jump to my seat.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    But I still believe either Montoya or Raikkonen would have gotten past Michael given the same situation. The McLaren pair are among the best overtakers on the grid.
    I dont think so... Notice that Kimi couldnt overtake Webber at Imola... though it didnt receive too much TV coverage, he was less than a second behind Webber for much of the race but couldnt overtake him..Ik Kimi cant overtake Webber, how much more if it was Michael in front... Its just the nature of the circuit that makes overtaking almost impossible

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    If you watch the slow-mo replay, the fuel rig mechanics never made any motions to pull-out the nozzle from Jenson's car when the lollipop was abruptly raised. They were still fueling Jenson's car that's why a mechanic got drenched with petrol when the nozzle was torn-off after Button sped away. Looks like a human-error gaffe to me by the lollipop man, rather than the nozzle failing to disengage and screwing the lollipop man's pre-emptive timing action.

With Schumacher's defensive driving technique, Renault realized that there was no way Alonso can get past that Ferrari in Imola, so they quickly changed strategy and decided to make it a "battle of the pit crew" instead. In fact, I think that strategy made the final laps of the race more exciting to watch on TV rather than watch Alonso tailing the Farrari hopelessly and they go to the pits at the same time. It was exciting to see whether Schumi will come out of the pits just in time to block Alonso again. And that was exactly what happened. It made me jump to my seat.

Haller, Ferrari are among the best when it comes to pit strategy. It was wrong to let Alonso earlier because by the time Schumi's car gets in, the Renault will already be heavy. I'd rather that they waited for Michael to pit in first while Fernando could have done a semi-economy drive as his car is all over the Ferrari anyway.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    yeah, schumi!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Michael Wins Breathtaking San Marino GP!