New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Talagang mahirap sa Monaco mag qualify if sabay-sabay silang lahat. Its much better if individual runs like last year. Pero you just have to look Schumi's previous underhanded tactics to see some reason to it
    I agree maganda kung paisa isa na lang sila para hindi sila gumawa ng mga ganun tactic..Sayang kung may cable lang sana kami..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    The Anti-Schumi View:
    When a person commits a crime, there must be a motive behind it. Especially if the crime is done infront of millions of witnesses. But why would Schumacher cheat here? 86 GP wins, 7-time World Champion, 67 Pole Positions, and 5 Monaco Wins -- all to his name. Why would he cheat now?
    he has done this before. may tendency talaga mandaya and maging sore loser yan si schumacher. ibangga ba naman si villeneuve out of a race villeneuve is leading just so mahabol nya sa WDC which coincidentally villeneuve is in 1st place and schumacher is in 2nd.

P.S. Nipunish din sya ng FIA and banished him from F1 in that season (although patapos na dn ang season na yun)

Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    [B]
    but then again, boyferrari has a point - would he be so stupid as to risk punishment for a pole that he already had an excellent chance of winning? hmmm....
    excellent chance of winning? im not sure about that. prior to his so called 'unintentional driving error", alonso, raikkonen, and webber were all on fast laps (meaning, their times in the second sector were all faster than schumacher's pole position time) IMO, meron talagang motive behind his so called "driving error", what with Monaco being a track where it is impossible to overtake unless the car in front's got a problem.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    In other Monaco stories .....

Big-mouth Fisi was penalized for blocking Coulthard who was in his fast lap. Wasn't it just 2 weeks ago that Big-Mouth-Fisi came charging into the BMW garage and angrily cursed Villeneuve for blocking him and lectured Villeneuve that he should get out of the way in his out lap when the car behind him is on his fast lap? How the tables have turned! I'm laughing my ass out now.

Seems the drivers' union have already called a meeting prior to this Monaco race and talked about the "driver's code" and what they should do so that this Monaco race will not send out too many safety cars. You saw what Nick Heidfeld did when he pulled his BMW into the curb when he realized he's not going to make the cut. Driving slow in Monaco would have violated the driver's code. While crashes in Monaco are exciting for the fans, it's definitely not a staple for the drivers who would have ruined their weekend with a crash.

For a first-timer F1 racer at Monaco, Nico Rosberg was awesome!!!

I guess it is really getting really, really obvious that Felipe Massa wil not be able to keep his Ferrari seat in 2007.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Schumi's driving brilliance is only matched by his tendency to play dirty tricks.

It was intentional and probably not just by himself but also with instructions from the Ferrari team.

His overtaking prowess exhibited several times during the actual race only proved the laughability of his reasons for his 'mistake' during qualifying.

Schumi could still possibly win the driver's championship this season but he could no longer win back my respect.

A cheat is a cheat in my book, brilliant racer or not.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    OMG, Schumacher cheated !!!! Why am I not surprised?? It's moves like that that made me root for Alonso (the underdog) last year.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    If you saw the Monaco race yesterday, Nico Rosberg made a driving error on the same spot where Schumacher parked his Ferrari. The difference here is, Nico went straight into the wall and destroyed his car's nose. He didn't even twitch in an attempt to avoid the wall. If that crash took place during the dying seconds of qualifying and Nico is a world champion, he could easily be charged with cheating too.

If Schumacher planned to cheat, I think he should have atleast tried to clip his nose or wing into the curve to make it more believable. But i guess it's very difficult to pull-off a stunt like that at 186 mph to destroy your car and spare the engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah......... sino na yung nasa loob ng cockpit nung nangyari yun??? si schumi lang di ba? so sya lang ang nakakaalam kung bakit nya ginawa yun. why not do a real investigation? bakit di nila i-check yung sasakyan? bakit based lang sa video (most of the time misleading) yung judgement call to place schumi at the end of the pole? wala bang sistema ang F1 for these kinds of things??

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I second BoyFerrari...

They should still consider that even top drivers like Schumi still makes stupid errors... AFAIK, Schumi spinned his car earlier this year in qualifying. The only difference is that in Monaco there is not an inch of run off allowance / area. They should have also blame themselves for not improving the track area (by introducing a small runoff area on tight corner like that).

Though the FIA deliberated for 8 hours about this issue... but it is still not enough and the judgement was very subjective (how many of those stewards have driven an F1 car around Monaco?).

What they should have done is to temporarily suspend / pause the qualifying clock (in order to remove the Ferrari) then resume afterwards. They could also have

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeljack
    Schumi's driving brilliance is only matched by his tendency to play dirty tricks.

It was intentional and probably not just by himself but also with instructions from the Ferrari team.

His overtaking prowess exhibited several times during the actual race only proved the laughability of his reasons for his 'mistake' during qualifying.

Schumi could still possibly win the driver's championship this season but he could no longer win back my respect.

A cheat is a cheat in my book, brilliant racer or not.
    Honestly, I'm at a loss.

One part of me tells me that Schumi stalled his car on purpose.

But come to think of it, why would he do that? If Alonso took the pole, Schumi would have ended like P2, right?

Is Schumacher afraid of overtaking at Monaco that's why he wanted so bad to be in front? I don't think so. Remember last year at Monaco, Michael made a dare-devil overtaking at the finish line to overtake his team mate Rubens Barichello while squeezing his brother Ralf in the Toyota in-between the 2 Ferraris. Barichello even said after that race that Michael did a very risky overtaking maneuver and he was not happy about it.

The point is, I don't think Schumacher wanted so bad to be in Pole Position because he thinks it would be impossible to overtake Alonso's Renault at Monaco. He has proven in Race Day that he is not afraid to overtake just about anybody. So I'm trying to search for a motive as to why Schumacher wanted to cheat on Qualifying, as the entire world suggests.

The difference between MURDER and HOMICIDE, is intent. The world only made their judgment based on video footage. In basketball, when you are charged with the crime of OFFENSIVE FOUL, it means in the eyes of the referee, you had "intent" in shoving your opponent. That's why Shaquille O'Neal always complains that he is often being slapped with committing an offensive foul. It's a hard call. In fact, almost all people who say that Schumacher cheated, they are only basing it on the fact that Schumacher does not commit those kinds of "driving errors". So this is Perception Justice.

At the end of the day, you all saw that Schumacher's driving moves from 22nd to 5th at the Monaco GP, was no fluke. He even slinged-shot his way past Jenson Button, and that was no easy move in Monaco.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    What they should have done is to temporarily suspend / pause the qualifying clock (in order to remove the Ferrari) then resume afterwards. They could also have
    Exactly. How hard is it? They stopped the clock for Massa's accident, right? And Massa's car was wedged into a wall.

Intentional or not, Michael's car, stopped right in the middle of the track... should have brought out the red flag right away... just pause the clock, push the car out of the way, allow the other teams maybe, oh, another four or five liters of fuel for the trouble, and restart... add a few minutes to the clock to give them tire warm-up time.

While part of me knows, deep down inside, that it's entirely possible for this to be intentional, I do remember a ton of mistakes from Schumi in the past few seasons... some of them plain dumb. Either Schumi was a genius for saving his car, or an idiot for trying such a stupid trick.

I'm happy, though, that they penalized Fisichella. I'm still thoroughly convinced that they should have penalized Barichello, too. Letting him get away with that probably opened the door to other drivers... showing them a method of blocking that's entirely transparent.

In each case, each driver should have been booted to the back of the order of the current running cars (which would put Schumi in tenth), or penalized with a straight 5-10 position penalty... that they gave Schumi a larger penalty than Fisi was pure and simple bias.

-----

Schumi's brilliant drive in Monaco is small compensation for the loss of face he incurred with that slap on the wrist. Not saying he doesn't deserve any, but the penalty should always fit the crime, and should always be applied even-handedly.

Great day for David, by the way. I'm sure he's tickled pink that he actually brought a lesser car in to the podium while everyone else was dropping like flies.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Michael Schumacher stripped of pole in Monaco