New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i didn't see the race but only read the recap - Alonso is my idol!! it's only a matter of time before he clinches....and only Kimi seems to be continuing the fight...hats off to him too. anyone see the race from start to finish? any comments?

"SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium -- Kimi Raikkonen won the Belgian Grand Prix for the second straight year Sunday, keeping alive his distant shot at the title while denying Fernando Alonso a first chance at becoming Formula One's youngest champion.

Raikkonen overtook McLaren Mercedes teammate Juan Pablo Montoya in the final stages for his sixth victory of the season. Alonso capitalized on Montoya's late collision and finished second with a contained and conservative race. Jenson Button of Britain was third, followed by Mark Webber of Australia.

"It was a perfect race for the team but very unlucky for Juan Pablo," Raikkonen said.

Alonso pumped his fists on the victory stand as if he had won. The 24-year-old Spaniard leads Raikkonen 111-86 with three races to go, with the next one in Brazil in two weeks. Alonso can clinch the title there by finishing in the top three. "

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It should have been a Mclaren 1-2 if JP had not tangled with Sato nga ba? (or the other way around)

Jinxed talaga Mclaren... wawa naman....Kimi should had gotten more points to lessen distance between him and Alonso....

Constructor's title na lang siguro hahabulin nila...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - Alonso was unspectacular during that race. He was even passed by backmarker Klien during the closing laps.

JPM was rear-ended by Pizzonia during the closing laps. The latter thought that the former was allowing him to overtake him.

Schumi was rear-ended by Sato though. Both Sato & Pizzonia will be penalized (-10 grid places) on the next race.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    IMO - Alonso was unspectacular during that race. He was even passed by backmarker Klien during the closing laps.
    Alonso was just protecting his 3rd place finish in the last few laps, since Montoya was too far ahead for him to catch up and Button was too far back to threaten him. His 3rd place finish was virtually secured. He was like a boxer who was ahead on the score cards with 3 rounds to go. He'd rather jab the final rounds away.

Even before the race started, I knew that McLaren will have to send Montoya into the pits in the last few laps so that Kimi can take P1 (you are not allowed to "knowingly" let your team mate pass you just for him to win). I'm sure Montoya will never win any more races from hereon. The McLaren game plan is for Kimi to win all remaining races.

In order for Kimi to win the Driver's Championship though, is for him to win all 3 last races and Alonso doesn't score any points or scores only less than 6 points.

For me, the most dramatic-though-amusing driving move in this Belgian GP was the one from NARAIN KARTHIKEYAN. He made a Jack-Attack move on Jacques Villenueve himself on the Sauber that sent him instead flying onto the dirt and grass off the chicane - he emerged ahead of Villenueve when he came out of the dirt. What a laugh haha.

Si Takuma Sato mukhang nagkakalat na lang. This is going to be his last F1 appearance as his place will be taken over by Barricello next year.

Funny, I was rooting for Tiago Monteiro on the last few laps to take that last 1 point in 8th place. That was a rare achievement for a Jordan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    Funny, I was rooting for Tiago Monteiro on the last few laps to take that last 1 point in 8th place. That was a rare achievement for a Jordan.
    Same here!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    For me, the most dramatic-though-amusing driving move in this Belgian GP was the one from NARAIN KARTHIKEYAN. He made a Jack-Attack move on Jacques Villenueve himself on the Sauber that sent him instead flying onto the dirt and grass off the chicane - he emerged ahead of Villenueve when he came out of the dirt. What a laugh haha.
    Saw this as well... Ok yung labanan!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Alonso is one lucky son of a ....

Pinanganak atang swerte yan tao na yan... how many races did kimi gave him? where kimi just had a breakdown and alonso was running behind him? and how may points has monty given him? when he was running ahead of him and suddenly he crashes or breaks down?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Schumi was rear-ended by Sato though. Both Sato & Pizzonia will be penalized (-10 grid places) on the next race.
    a replay is needed, kasi parang schumi tapped the helment of sato.. di ko ma gets ang gesture whether it was asking if sato was alright or naiinis si schumi at binatukan si sato

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    a replay is needed, kasi parang schumi tapped the helment of sato.. di ko ma gets ang gesture whether it was asking if sato was alright or naiinis si schumi at binatukan si sato
    He was fuming mad. Given that this SPA Circuit in Belgium is Michael Schumacher's favorite race circuit. He won here about 6 times I think and he was in contention to win another one because everyone knew Bridgestone has an advantage on wet tires.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i think d mo naman mablame si schumi doon... badtrip lang talaga siguro siya, i saw the reply nag tap nga siya ng ulo ni sato.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kimi-Alonso-Button in Belgian GP