New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Guys back in the states before I left, the team JIC magic U.S sets new time attack record in Button Willow Raceway in South Cali. This course has been regarded as the gold standard on Time Attack since its conception in the United States, ala Tsukuba in Japan. During Round 2 of the Redline Time Attack Series, Tyler McQuarrie and his Hankook Tire/JIC Magic Motorsports team not only broke the standing record lap time for a Time Attack event at Buttonwillow by 0.2 seconds (1:48.76), he also came away with first place finishes in the rear wheel drive and overall Unlimited classes.

The previous lap record at Buttonwillow Raceway was held by Eiji “Tarzan” Yamada, one of the most successful and popular drivers in the drifting and time attack communities. Though Yamada’s record time of 1:48:96 was set in 800-hp Cyber Evo. Invitations to our main man Tyler to compete in Japan has been going around the import scene..

Oh!.. and did I said that Mr. Tyler McQuarrie is a drift driver and is curr. in the top 10 in Formula D? Well, he is... now a big thanks to that man non believers will not anymore discriminate drift guys for just driving sideways.

Here are some pics for you guys

Here's one waiting for him in Japan.. current 2007 Tsukuba Time Attack winner, the M-Speed GT-R.

Planning revenge... the Cyber Evo.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hahaha. kng cno man nagsabi na drifters cannot do track probably don't know sh*t about driving... drift drivers actually know better car control than most drivers around... drifting is one of the highest form of driving skill you can ever learn

kudos to the drifters

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't know... I've never personally said that drift drivers weren't good... just that drift technique itself isn't the fastest way around a corner. But drifting experience is definitely an advantage in racing, as it teaches you more control over your car at or above the breakaway point of the tires.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i never heard anyone say that drift racers can't drive either...are just trying to start something? :snob:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    kala ko si niky ang threadstarter :hihihi:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Well back in cali kasi many critics / non-believers of said drift drivers should stick to drifting and avoid race tracks.. And with Tyler's impact in both sport that thinking had slowly been changing.

Here's some of Mr. McQuarrie's victory shots

the ceremony would never be complete without an Import Chick

Niceeee....

The team

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Wow!! A new button willow time attack record! I would love to see that nasty Nissan Silvia S15 on Tsukuba against Japan's best which consists of Evos and a wicked pack of ofcourse the S15s big brother GT-R with it's current no.1 the M-Speed GT-R . Who knows maybe the dude can also destroy Eiji “Tarzan” Yamada's record there.. too bad though for the popular time attack vehicle- HKS evo, heard it wouldn't compete any time soon in Tsukuba for the issue it had regarding having a 100% carbon body. I've heard all other vehicles competing there are legit "street cars" kasi...

And as for those drift driver critics...
    They simply are one of those really "skilled" motorsport drivers out there. Maybe the critics in drag drivers I will believe... but them drifters... naaah.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hey! I heard a lot from this popular JIC silvia in forums in the states! nice pics bro! And oh, there were also a lot of comparison bet. Tein and JIC there, many believe JIC is better than Tein, less agressive lang yung marketing nya.
    Hope we can see a battle with this car vs. the M-speed GT-R34, Sunautomotive Cyber Evo, and the XS engineering GT-R32! Their the fastest around the world!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    all drift drivers can drive naman.. but not all can be good circuit/track driver. if you follow the japanese hot version/best motoring videos, they did several "tests" of inviting top drifters to try out the circuit.. not many made it and the same goes for circuit drivers doing drift works.

but on the other hand, top drifters like taniguchi, tarzan, tsuchiya, norido can all drift and circuit at the same time.

some just have more talent than the others

as with JIC's silver against the mighty m-speed gtr and cyber evo on tsukuba? i really dont know.. those machines were born to do superlaps on tsukuba unlike the JIC machine.

sayang they brought the Mine's GTR once to US lalaban sana sa XS's GTR. pero nasira yun XS before the race can begin.. that should have been interesting. in the end, nag demo run lang yun Mine's and tsuchiya broke the course record with it.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by RED XIII View Post
    too bad though for the popular time attack vehicle- HKS evo, heard it wouldn't compete any time soon in Tsukuba for the issue it had regarding having a 100% carbon body. I've heard all other vehicles competing there are legit "street cars" kasi...
    natapos na yun tsukuba superlap for this year. and HKS CT230R broke the record with 53:58sec while cyber evo 54:64sec

as with 100% carbon body, there are also many other race cars with carbon body like the s2000 of ASM and top fuel (both doing 57sec)

also, i dont think all those competing on tsukuba superlaps are legit street car. they are all purpose-built race cars with one goal in mind. to break the lap record. maybe some of them are road-worthy, but they are all race car by heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
JIC Silvia S15 Sets Time Attack Record!...who said drift guys can't do track?!