New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V42AAelosI"]YouTube - co_nixz Nissan Pickup VS Honda City[/ame]

check this out my pickup VS a honda city

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sino panalo? Yung video, malayo kuha.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    inabut ako pero sa dulo na.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- I am okay with officially-sanctioned street-racing. However, the organizers should consider doing this along the 'side streets' of Macapagal Avenue, which I perceived to be (still) sufficient for such an event.

This is because when you hold it along this main thoroughfare, it is causing unnecessary traffic starting from the McDo/S&R intersection to where it ends going to Coastal Mall.

Worse, the organizers are not sensitive to the inconvenience caused by their event. They still allow regular cars to park on an already 'tight' and 'confusing' half of the avenue, where 2-way traffic has already been limited, to watch the event....

Kindly consider this, please.

5808:bee:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    is this a legal race? teh old drag races were held on the strip behind MOA. not on macapagal.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- I am okay with officially-sanctioned street-racing. However, the organizers should consider doing this along the 'side streets' of Macapagal Avenue, which I perceived to be (still) sufficient for such an event.

This is because when you hold it along this main thoroughfare, it is causing unnecessary traffic starting from the McDo/S&R intersection to where it ends going to Coastal Mall.

Worse, the organizers are not sensitive to the inconvenience caused by their event. They still allow regular cars to park on an already 'tight' and 'confusing' half of the avenue, where 2-way traffic has already been limited, to watch the event....

hehehe sorry sir.. but the ones really causing trouble/traffic there are the group motorcycles... =P

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

hehehe sorry sir.. but the ones really causing trouble/traffic there are the group of motorcycles... =P

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i dont know if this is official or not but for me as long as a street is open for the public then it should be used for racing. For heaven's sake taxpayers paid for this to be used publicly and we see these kids playing with their little hotwheels.

I mean no offense but they should just race at BRC. Di naman ganyan kamahal ang trackday dun e.

Just try to think of public safety and social responsibility while ur at it

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    is this a legal race? teh old drag races were held on the strip behind MOA. not on macapagal.

Actually, there was one during the MIAS,- Saturday afternoon. They held it on the southbound lane from McDo/S&R PriceSmart up to a certain length going south to Coastal Mall.

And, the northbound lane of Macapagal Ave., was a real mess of vehicles and confusion because both north and south-bound traffics, affected by these races, were diverted on it.

These activities (including bicycle races held on one Saturday morning; have not encountered a motorcycle race, though) is causing a lot of inconveniences on the motorists who are using this road. They should hold these events in the side streets of Macapagal Avenue.

Again, the sidestreets there, based on my untrained eyes and limited experience (length and width),- should be sufficient to hold these races. Bakit kailangang sa Macapagal Avenue pa nila gawin,- e, main thoroughfare nga ito?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by co_nixz View Post
    hehehe sorry sir.. but the ones really causing trouble/traffic there are the group motorcycles... =P

Wow, you lose my respect for this. Why the sudden finger to MCs again whend both are vehicles that are not suppose to race on public roads
    Last edited by fireblade; April 21st, 2008 at 01:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Macapagal Ave. Street Racing