New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkGlpYPjXbY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

watch the video. The car I think is a Scion.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    mukhang frontwheel sya sir kaya kailangan nya i pull down ung force sa harap para mas humatak ng maganda yung car

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I know the physics.

Pero mukhang pang rear-spoiler ang kinabit eh.

Isn't that a danger to himself and other race drivers in case of a crash? eh kung lumusot sa windshield yan?

Plus, hindi ba may regulations against putting such things on the hood especially on track?
    Last edited by Negus; August 24th, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    I know the physics.

Pero mukhang pang rear-spoiler ang kinabit eh.

Isn't that a danger to himself and other race drivers in case of a crash? eh kung lumusot sa windshield yan?

Plus, hindi ba may regulations against putting such things on the hood especially on track?
    It's no more dangerous than a rear spoiler... which could go through the windshield of the person behind you.

Most front-wheel drive track cars use front splitters or air-dams under the front bumper for front downforce, but the advantage of Chris Rado's high-mounted front spoiler is that it's always in clean air... even when he's sitting behind another car. If you watch Formula One... well... the old Formula One... drivers couldn't follow too closely behind another car in a turn, because the turbulent wake of the car in front of them caused them to lose too much front downforce, causing understeer.

Having a high mounted spoiler avoids the leading car's wake. But, more importantly, it also means that more air can go over the front spoiler at any time, as compared to a front splitter, that only gets a modest amount of air to work with.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've read about that (front spoiler cutting through clean air) from other forums as well.

I learned Rado is competing in the unlimited class so no restrictions. I just hope ricers aren't dumb enough to attach front spoilers on their cars. Just looks ridiculous. .

old lambos have it as well.

Last edited by Negus; August 25th, 2009 at 03:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... definition of "rice": if it doesn't serve any function... it's rice. That applies to the "stock" rear spoilers of most common cars. The spoiler on my Lynx gives me no downforce and blocks my rear view... for example.

I like what Dave Coleman of Sport Compact Car said:

"If you put silver insulation on your bumper around your muffler to prevent it catching on fire... that's rice...

If you put it there to prevent your bumper from catching on fire again... that's awesome."

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Front Spoiler?