New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Qualifying
    - There will be two qualifying sessions - Friday and Saturday, both 13.00 - 14.00
    - qualifying to be one (only) flying lap for each car, cars to run one at a time
    - running order on Friday to follow Championship (previous year at first race), with Championship leader going out first, 2nd in Championship running second, and so on
    - running order on Saturday will be determined by the Friday times (which do not count for the grid), so that the fastest on Friday runs last on Saturday, the second fastest second last, and so on.

Practice schedule
    This will remain Friday: 11.00 to 12.00 and Saturday: 09.00 to 09.45 and 10.15 to 11.00 (with qualifying from 13.00 to 14.00 both days, as above).

Testing
    Provided that by 15 December, at least three teams undertake to the FIA not to run more than 10 car-days of private testing between 1 March and 1 November, the teams which have given this undertaking will be able to test at each Event from 09.00 to 11.00 on Friday and may use their spare car and their test driver during this period.

World Championship points
    From 2003 points will be awarded down to 8th place on the scale 10:8:6:5:4:3:2:1 (previously to 6th place on the scale 10:6:4:3:2:1).

Team orders
    Team orders which interfere with the race result are prohibited.

The 2003 Belgian Grand Prix
    In the absence of unanimous agreement by the teams to run at the 2003 Belgian Grand Prix without tobacco advertising, this event has been removed from the World Championship calendar.

Tyres
    Each team will be allowed to use two different dry tyres at each Event, (previously each tyre company could supply only the same two dry tyres to each of its teams). Teams will continue to be limited to 10 sets of dry tyres per Event. Only one type of wet tyre to be used per Event.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hay buti naman sana close fight naman next season

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    official na ba yung mga changes na ito?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, its official....medyo kakaiba yunf qulaifying for me, pero i guess thats better than the ballast idea :roll:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    won't we be expecting more dnqs with the new qualifying system?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was thinking about that too, but i think the 107% rule (w/c is still included) will only be applicable if both qualifying runs are completed. in the case of an engine blow-out or other mechanical failure (on both runs)....the teams can always go for "force majeur"

other than that malas na lang ng driver....libre na nga yung track on his hot lap e...

FIA Formula One Commission's rule changes for 2003