New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    call me racist or not but i'm tired of hearing Germany's national anthem. any winning driver besides Seb,Ros,Sutil and Hulk will do

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The ICE "Cream" Man...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    At least you don't need earplugs anymore when attending a F1 Race...

Last edited by Monseratto; March 18th, 2014 at 03:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O nga eh. What a letdown though.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ecclestone to push for louder F1 engines

Bernie Ecclestone has vowed to get to work on making formula one loud again.

The F1 chief executive said he is "horrified" by the purring tones of the new turbo V6 era, arguing it will drive race promoters and spectators away.

Ecclestone was critical of the new engine formula long before the first 1.6 litre 'power unit' was fired up, but his latest comments follow Melbourne race organisers' claim the low volume may even be a breach of contract.

"It's not what we paid for. It's going to change," Australian Grand Prix chairman Ron Walker told Melbourne's Age newspaper.

Walker said he has spoken to his friend Ecclestone already, while Ecclestone admitted he has been on the phone to FIA president Jean Todt.

"What I've said is that we need to see whether there is some way of making them sound like racing cars," the 83-year-old Briton told the Telegraph.

"I don't know whether it's possible but we should investigate.

"I think let's get the first few races out of the way and then maybe look to do something. We can't wait all season. It could be too late by then," said Ecclestone.

Source: Ecclestone to push for louder F1 engines > F1 News > Grandprix.com
    Ecclestone to push for louder F1 engines > F1 News > Grandprix.com

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ^Yah. Make it louder, this is F1 for f*cks sake and increase the fuel limit and let them race.

Last season's delta was about the tires. This season is about the fuel limit and the stupid fuel flow limit to be measured by FIA's problematic sensor.

You want to comply with FIA's fuel flow limit using FIA's problematic sensor? Dial your fuel flow lower, so if the limit is 100kg/hr.. set it to 96kg/hr to comply.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    FIA should bring back the screaming engines. Inaantok na ko habang nanonood ng race.

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ecclestone admits that 2014 season could be last as F1 boss

Bernie Ecclestone has admitted that the 2014 season could be his last at the helm of Formula 1.

However, he insists that is not because of the Gerhard Gribkowsky corruption scandal, that if found guilty would at best see him fired and at worst land him in a German jail.

Until now, the Formula 1 Chief Executive has always said that he has no intention of stepping down.

“As long as I feel I can deliver, and the shareholders are happy for that to happen, I will stay,” the diminutive Briton said in 2012.

But Ecclestone has now admitted that he is thinking about retiring.

“I’m going to be 84 at the end of this year so I am probably going to have to start to think, do I want to go into the 85th year doing what I’ve been doing for goddamn how many years?” he is quoted by the Mirror.

“It’s something I’ll have to give some very serious thought to.”

Ecclestone likened his thoughts about quitting to a sports star at the top of his game.

“The important thing is to know when you should hang the boxing gloves up,” he said, “so you are not going to end up going into the ring and getting a good hiding.”

He claims that the Gribkowsky case, in which he is accused of bribing the now-jailed Gribkowsky to the tune of millions of dollars, has nothing to do with his new retirement thoughts.

“No, that’s nothing. No, no,” Ecclestone insisted. “It’s the way people have to run businesses today compared to how they used to.”

He said he is referring to today’s era of “corporate governance”, involving “different committees, ethics committees and god knows what else boards to report to”.

“I didn’t know about any of these things back then,” said Ecclestone. “Probably, if I had of …, I wouldn’t have lasted as long as I lasted.

“And we will be more restricted as time goes on. That’s how the world is. It’s coming that way. I don’t agree with it.

“What we are slowly but surely managing to do is get rid of entrepreneurs. Getting rid of people who “think outside the box,” he said. (GMM)

Source: Ecclestone admits that 2014 season could be last as F1 boss | Grand Prix 247
    Ecclestone admits that 2014 season could be last as F1 boss | Grand Prix 247

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Malaysian heat will test limits of new F1 power units

According to Mercedes ‘cooling’ will be the buzzword when Formula 1 descends on Sepang for the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend.

The German marque dominated in Melbourne, but Sepang is always among the very hottest destinations on the Formula 1 calendar — and the new ‘power unit’ rules for 2014 are posing much greater cooling problems for the teams.

“New GP, new problems,” Mercedes chairman Niki Lauda told Osterreich newspaper.

He also told German broadcaster RTL: “Malaysia will be more difficult (than Melbourne).

“In Sepang actually we are starting from scratch because of the high humidity and temperature – I doubt it will be below 35C.

“In such circumstances, effective cooling of the power unit would indeed be a problem. We will have to make changes to the car to resolve the issue.”

Lauda’s Mercedes colleague Toto Wolff agrees: “I think all the teams are seeking to create the most efficient cooling system.

“Every test or race weekend has been more difficult than we expected, so it will be difficult to cope with the heat in Malaysia,” he admitted. (GMM)

Source: Malaysian heat will test limits of new F1 power units | Grand Prix 247
    Malaysian grand prix practice 1 on March 28 10:00am.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011

FIA Formula One Chanpionship 2014 Thread