New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 106 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Conspiracy theorists will argue all they want but it was a truly BRILLANT drive by Sergio Perez!!!

Peter Sauber crying and they say it's a plot???????? C'MON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

conspiracy? or accident lang talaga ang nangyari kay Perez sa lap 50?
    Come in 2nd to Alonso in front of all the other front-runners. Ferrari offers you Felipe Massa's seat.

Come in 1st in front of Alonso. Ferrari offers you Alonso's seat.

I think people are expecting too much of Perez. The track was obviously slippery, and he was on slicks. It was always going to be difficult to get around Alonso, and he had visibly worn his front tires all the way down catching up to him.

When you rip off fastest lap after fastest lap on a drying racetrack, you're not going to have much front rubber left when you pull up behind the leader.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Come in 2nd to Alonso in front of all the other front-runners. Ferrari offers you Felipe Massa's seat.

Come in 1st in front of Alonso. Ferrari offers you Alonso's seat.

I think people are expecting too much of Perez. The track was obviously slippery, and he was on slicks. It was always going to be difficult to get around Alonso, and he had visibly worn his front tires all the way down catching up to him.

When you rip off fastest lap after fastest lap on a drying racetrack, you're not going to have much front rubber left when you pull up behind the leader.

sobrang coincident kasi nag radio ung engineer kay Perez telling him that they need this position and biglang nag wide turn momentarily.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sobrang coincident kasi nag radio ung engineer kay Perez telling him that they need this position and biglang nag wide turn momentarily.
    Radio chatter is screened by the FIA and the race director only gets to play it after a delay. This is to prevent teams from gaining instant tactical advantage by watching the race on TV.

Sergio's accident was thus not right after the message.

Besides: Your race engineer tells you: Be careful! It's slippery! Watch out!... while you're attacking hard and in rhythm, what do you do? It shakes your confidence, you start doubting yourself, and where you should be pushing, you're not, or you're pushing harder to prove them wrong.

Besides... if I were Sauber, I would make the same call. Make sure my driver takes home the points and doesn't risk it all on a mad lunge past Alonso on a wet track, ending up in the kitty litter... which Sergio almost did.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Conspiracy theorists will argue all they want but it was a truly BRILLANT drive by Sergio Perez!!!

Peter Sauber crying and they say it's a plot???????? C'MON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Crying because they have been told to hold off the charge.... :hysterical:
    15.2K:froggy:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Remember Vettel's urong-sulong radio messages at the end of the race?

Following the HRT collision, for which Karthikeyan was handed a 20-second penalty, Vettel picked up a left-rear puncture which dropped him from fourth place to outside the top ten. On the final lap, Race Engineer Guillaume Rocquelin instructed his driver to retire into the garage, then telling the German to stay out before returning with a more brisk message in which the command, ‘Emergency! Stop the car,’ was given.

“We had lost all radio contact with Sebastian, which meant we could only speak with him via the pit board,” Team Principal Horner explains. “After his stop he came up to the HRT, who hit him and caused a puncture. The incident caused damage to the rear brake duct, which went into thermal runaway, so we wanted to stop the car before the end from a safety point of view. Seb didn’t hear us on the radio and continued.

“Thankfully his car got to the end without failing, but the incident cost Sebastian at least a fourth place finish today. For Mark, after his final stop his pace on the Slicks was good and he started to catch Lewis (Hamilton) in the last third of the race. He finished in fourth position after what was a very eventful race.”

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Crying because they have been told to hold off the charge.... :hysterical:
    15.2K:froggy:
    OO NGA NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES IT IS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Radio chatter is screened by the FIA and the race director only gets to play it after a delay. This is to prevent teams from gaining instant tactical advantage by watching the race on TV.

Sergio's accident was thus not right after the message.

Besides: Your race engineer tells you: Be careful! It's slippery! Watch out!... while you're attacking hard and in rhythm, what do you do? It shakes your confidence, you start doubting yourself, and where you should be pushing, you're not, or you're pushing harder to prove them wrong.

Besides... if I were Sauber, I would make the same call. Make sure my driver takes home the points and doesn't risk it all on a mad lunge past Alonso on a wet track, ending up in the kitty litter... which Sergio almost did.

Thanks for the clarification sir niky. I would believe the later that Perez was really pushing harder since he is lapping faster than Alonso thus resulting into turning wide.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    In a separate interview with Vettel, there seems to be a problem in the tire grip of the RB8 and I thought there is a chassis problem in the Ferrari car?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In a separate interview with Vettel, there seems to be a problem in the tire grip of the RB8 and I thought there is a chassis problem in the Ferrari car?
    There is. And there is. The wet conditions seemed to play into the hands of the Ferrari, as other cars like McLaren and Mercedes, which have more grip, suffered worse tire degradation in the conditions.

Wet conditions will allow you to win in an absolute dog of a car. A fact that Alonso exploited very well. Vettel's very first win (in a Scuderia Toro Rosso) was due to similar conditions in Italy, where he led most of the race in the rain.

FIA Formula 1 Championship 2012