New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/08022007/...p-ferrari.html
    Kimi Raikkonen's pre-season niggles persisted on Wednesday when the Finn spent much of his test day in the red shod garage.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that at Jerez the 27-year-old's new F2007 Ferrari broke down on the circuit with a failed engine at 1.30pm, as his team-mate Felipe Massa returned from a bout of 'flu and topped the times.

also:

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/07022007/...ars-break.html
    Finn Raikkonen, 27, has moved to the Maranello based team to replace the retiring Michael Schumacher, but some have suggested that he is not as complete a package as the great German.

"Raikkonen went to Ferrari because his McLarens always broke down," Italian Zanardi, who last drove in formula one for Williams in 1999, told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

He continued : "But now it seems like his red car is always broken and (Ron) Dennis' machines run like clockwork."

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    oh noes!!!!!!!1!

i'd give him the rest of preseason testing muna.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    hehe BAD NEWS yan!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hmm, this isnt the first time this happened to the scarlet car. M. Schumacher had his string of bad luck last year when his engine failed in the deciding race. I think the switch to V8s has leveled the playing field where reliability is concerned.

Anyway have you seen the recent rush of team car debuts for the 2007 series? I actually like the Ferrari cars look this time around. With the Marlboro branding gone theres actually more red and less of the white to disrupt the nice convoluted contours of this years Ferrari car.

Heres my list of favourite car in order of attractiveness (to me at least).

1. Ferrari F2007 - Nice new shade of red for this year actually makes it look better, I also like the new narrow waist (a la coke bottle) of the cars rear end).

2. Mclaren MP4-22 - I dont like the color of the new livery, too much red disrupting the black and silver. The number of aerodynamic protrusions on the bodywork along with the slim waist (like Ferrari) make this car look ***y.

3. Spyker F8-VII - Its a surprise to me that I like this car. The color scheme is totally new for any team in F1 so far and surprisingly well suited to the look of the car. The sharp, straight and narrow nose cone certainly is very recognizable and unique compared to the rest of the teams. Overall a very nice looking car.

4. Renault R27 - I kinda like the new color scheme for this car, other than that it looks very similar to last years car (which I like). Also the aero plate shields on the side pods that doubles as side view mirrors is a new feature I kinda like simply for its originality although how long they will carry it for the rest of the season I dont know.

Also rans...

1. Williams FW - although fast at the test, it looks boring...
    2. Toyota TF-107 - looks too much like last year, again I like bodywork protrusion more than the next guy, but unlike other teams were the protrusions are nicely curved, Toyotas treatment stick straight out making it look too much like a porcupine.
    3. BMW Sauber F1.07 - they're trying too hard to look like a Williams car. I think a color change would be in order...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    Spyker F8-VII -The color scheme is totally new for any team in F1 so far and surprisingly well suited to the look of the car.
    McLaren had been using orange livery in their early years.

Arrows had orange livery too.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    BMW Sauber F1.07 - they're trying too hard to look like a Williams car. I think a color change would be in order...
    it's very unlikely since white and blue are BMW's colors. furthermore, white is traditionally Germany's racing color.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    actually, it's ONE OF germany's racing colors... the other, of course, being silver/bare metal

this is not good for ferrari fans like me...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    kimi> a jinx?

hah! i knew it, those icy-cold eyes of his and that visayan accent sounds fishy to me

naah, those italians are a bunch o' superstitious folks. kimi just needs to get italianized. theirs a proud race anyway (no pun intended).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    though kimi was identified as being super aggressive, it may be true
    because of the past season records. 2007 F1 season will be the decider.
    whether he's a jinx or not. let's see in a few weeks time.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you ask me its not that he's a jinx its more like he just drives his cars way too hard...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
it's official -- kimi WAS the jinx