New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Kubica leads historic BMW 1-2 in Canada

Robert Kubica took the lead in the drivers' championship after scoring his and BMW Sauber's first Formula One victory, with teammate Nick Heidfeld finishing second in an astonishing Canadian Grand Prix.

The win was a remarkable way for Kubica to mark his return to Montreal, 12 months after his ferocious accident at the track.

David Coulthard claimed his first points of the season in fine style by taking third for Red Bull, ahead of Toyota's Timo Glock and Felipe Massa's Ferrari.

Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen made a bizarre exit from the race when the McLaren crashed into the back of the Ferrari in the pitlane during a safety car period.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Unfortunate accident in the pitlane for LH and KR.....

LH and NR will be penalized in the forthcoming F1 Grand Prix in France, by 10 grid positions.....

6110:pepsi:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bakit kaya pati si rosberg 10 grid places ang penalty???

bad week for the hamilton family. dad crashes his 300,000 UK pounds card into a playground. then lewis ends the race in the pitlane.

but more badluck for kimi. LH turning left to hit him instead of kubica.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

NR hit the back of LH's car after the latter hit KR's car....

^^ That was what I was thinking when I was watching the (live) race early this morning. He could have hit RK's car, but instead he(LH) swerved to his left hitting KR's car instead... That was quick thinking on his part, indeed....

6110:pepsi:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sabi ko na this will be somewhat great bad dirty fight between Ferrari and McLaren (LH vs. KR). I will not be surprise if in the end BMW will be the Team Champion and RK will stand higher on the podium...he..he..he.he....Sana sa before SIngapore leg pantay standing para sarap manuod...he..he.he...

Sir CVT- anung channel ka nanunuod at what time iaair sa tv yung next leg (France)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lugarai View Post
    Sabi ko na this will be somewhat great bad dirty fight between Ferrari and McLaren (LH vs. KR). I will not be surprise if in the end BMW will be the Team Champion and RK will stand higher on the podium...he..he..he.he....Sana sa before SIngapore leg pantay standing para sarap manuod...he..he.he...

Sir CVT- anung channel ka nanunuod at what time iaair sa tv yung next leg (France)

Bro.,- sa Cablelink namin, channel32 which is Star Sports. If not there, you can try ESPN... Practice and Race in France will be June21 and 22, typically at 8PM since this is Europe... Suggest you tune in as early as 7PM as I still could not verify the formal schedule....

6220:foryou:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    star sports usually carry the F1 coverage. sometimes, espn.

if you dont have star sports (or espn), download sopcast for internet streams of the race. this may require fast internet connection.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hamilton is still a rookie. That's why Raikonnen called him stupid. hehehe.

BTW, the Porsche Carrera GT that his dad crashed is NOT his, it was lent by a friend in Germany. The car has German plates. It crashed because he turned off the Electronic Traction control and gassed it up to impress some people.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hamilton didn't see the red light until it was too late. So much for Johnnie Walker campaign against drinking and driving...it's pointless driving sober, when you're eyes are not on the traffic signals!!!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    after seeing the race, I was suprised for Massa jumping in from 18 spot (?) to finish 5th overall. It's like Ferrari really has a good car ....or maybe a combination of both man and machine...

What I liked the most was Kubica's run to gain enough lead time before making a pitstop to still hold the lead after the stop, amazing run for him

*newbie in F1 but liking the sport so far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
F1: Grand Prix du Canada 2008