New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by neko-chan
    that's not "true" drifting they are just doing "power over" or relying on engine power rather than driving skills. nothing near japanese drifters though a good start for the drift scene in the philippines.... these kids got balls the size of the moon or just plain stupid for not wearing any protective helmets/suits.
    they got suits and helmets but it was too hot out there.

the smallish area wasn't enough for them to induce proper drifting as you are pointing out, but see what they've been doing in clark airbase, i'm sure you'd say it's not merely power-over.

and at least it wasn't slalom cars doing even faker drifts.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i hope next time, there will be guard rails to protect viewers para magtuloy-tuloy at safe ang drifting sa 'pinas. even tho it's too hot it is still required to required to wear a helmet. ala naman nagrereklamong drivers sa bahrain international circuit, nasa gitna pa ng disyerto yun.

i saw that event in clark in a video, it was done in large open spaces, of course its easier to drift there. but still i have nothing against drifting, though sana lang mas safe ang mga susunod na event. nabigla ako nung may guy na nakawhite na parang i-sslap yung back nung white car sa video, kung may padating na car sa likod baka sapul na yun..

naalala ko yung kuwento ng friend ko, there's this one guy na mahilig humarurot sa back alley nila. naka-tsinelas lang siya but then yung tsinelas got tangled with the gas pedal, ayun sumalpok sa poste at may nasagasaang kambing. important talaga yung proper suit/helmet...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    2x post

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by al_motor
    they got suits and helmets but it was too hot out there.

the smallish area wasn't enough for them to induce proper drifting as you are pointing out, but see what they've been doing in clark airbase, i'm sure you'd say it's not merely power-over.

and at least it wasn't slalom cars doing even faker drifts.
    slalom cars are supposed compete in a time attack thus shorter drifts.
    drifting in general is showing off smooth succession of drifts which is nice and exciting to watch.

I've rewatched the video and around 4:42 there's a sign saying NO HELMET, NO SEATBELT, NO DRIFT! hmmm...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    that's not "true" drifting they are just doing "power over" or relying on engine power rather than driving skills. nothing near japanese drifters though a good start for the drift scene in the philippines.... these kids got balls the size of the moon or just plain stupid for not wearing any protective helmets/suits.
    symepre naka-video

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    naalala ko yung kuwento ng friend ko, there's this one guy na mahilig humarurot sa back alley nila. naka-tsinelas lang siya but then yung tsinelas got tangled with the gas pedal, ayun sumalpok sa poste at may nasagasaang kambing. important talaga yung proper suit/helmet...
    tsk tsk kawawa naman yun kambing.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    kung gusto din na lang tumakbo ng patagilid, eh di i-modify na lang nila gulong na nakaharap sa side. yun nga lang be prepared for stiff neck

Ot kaldereta = :drool:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by al_motor
    baket ka nanonood ng drift vids? sayang din gas and tires nila ah. waste of your time too.
    kaya naman ako nanood ng Japanese Drift Vids ay magaganda ang mga kotse nila dun and they wear complete proper protective gears...they don't burn their rubbers nor opening their doors while drifting!......

unlike the one you shared are junkies...with no respect to safety for themselves and their spectators

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi
    pano kaya matututo niyan? any tips mga ser?
    1st, have a rear wheel drive car.
    2nd, make sure it have more than 160hp from the engine
    3rd, have enough money to buy tires and transmissions.
    4th, have enough space to practice.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    1st, have a rear wheel drive car.
    2nd, make sure it have more than 160hp from the engine
    3rd, have enough money to buy tires and transmissions.
    4th, have enough space to practice.

para makatipid, bili nalang muna ng spare na used tire sa mga tire shop para sa rear wheel for practice. pag may event na, pede na gumamit ng expensive ones.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Drifting in Manila! A video...