New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I tried driving one of this and i find the sport really exciting.
    Magkano ba isang decent kart ngayon at san kaya pwede gamitin to na malapit lang sa manila para makapagpractice.
    Tips naman on how i could learn to ride one and starting tips for a newbie who wants to learn everything about carting.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a typical kart chassis can cost up to P75,000, like tony kart, gp racing, fullerton, haase. a 100cc air-cooled engine like yamaha's kt100 costs up to P30,000. other type such as reed valve engine (used for intercon-a class), and water-cooled rotax 125cc (used for formula-a class) cost higher with the latter costing up to P50,000. so all in all you'd be shelling out about P150,000, becuase add to these are your racing gear such as racing overalls, shoes, glove, balaclavas, and of course helmet (sparco recommended for body wear and for helmet, arai, shoei, bell, beiffe are recommended.). i forgot, tyres pa pala! P8000 for a set of bridgestone slicks.

carmona racing circuit is the track choice of karters as this is really designed for karting. it is just an hour away from manila. though you can also bring your kart to brc, they have a short course there for karting. i heard there's a karting track to be opened at marikina so better watch out for that.

if you want formal lessons, contact jp tuason. hhe always gives karting lessons at carmona. visit his website na lang for details. though i didn't get the chance to have formal training.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the karting track in marikina is already open. its called manila speedzone and you can rent karts there to practice.

although its not in the league of the carmona track, it is quite technical...so i guess pwede na rin. its along marcos hiway, a little after sta lucia

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you could try out karting sa carmona funkarts cost 300- 1500 minimum yata of 15 mins. if your really into motorsports karting would be a good stepping stone and iba feeling ng karting dikit dikit ang laban and you can feel the rush plus the g force

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dude im selling my TopKart for 65th.Complete set na.May KT 100 Engine,1 Race old tires,and Alfano Chronometric System.Email me if u want to see it or if you want to try it out.thanks.email me at racingisinmyblood0204*yahoo.com if ur interested.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    r u from the intelco team their the ones using top kart ryt?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    happy, im interested but my bank account isn't! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bossing:yup,im from Intelco.

Paul:hehe.ako din medyo la budget now e. :D

All about Cart