New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If someone wants to venture into car racing, does he have to be trained first in a go-kart? Or can he go straight to real cars if he is already familiar with their characteristics? Please help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK There are some racers who skipped karting, went directly into cars and did quite nicely. The top racers though (think formula level) all come from a karting background, so there's got to be serious with that route that gives a distinct advantage.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I just thought that for one thing, the behavior of karts compared to cars are very different. Karts have the brake pedals on the left, while you do your braking with your right foot in the car. Also, karts have much better grip.

And is it true that once you're an expert in karts doesn't mean you'll automatically excel in cars?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    squala, yes. racing karts and racing cars have different aspect into it. you have pointed out a few of them, plus a few more. accdg to a circuit racing class i've attended, racing cars is a bit more complicated in terms of handling, car control, and over-all technique. mas mahirap daw tala pag-car na dala mo.

a friend of mine who has taken both karting and car racing lessons told me na medyo nahirapan sya sa transition especially with the heel-n-toe technique.

the good thing about starting in karting though is that its quite simple and one can concentrate more on the very basics of racing, like the racing line, etc

im no racing expert though :mrgreen: just a fan :mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    squala,

Call up these guys,

Kookie Ramirez c/o SVI,
    671-5920 & 26.

Roadwise,
    372-7374

Tuason Racing School,
    531-2962

Or you can contact me at Auto_Xer*yahoo.com

Start with the basics whether it's cars or karts.
    When you've mastered the basics the rest will come easy.

What kind of racing are you thinking of joining?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    U can take racing classes if u want to experience racing in the track....i attended the Tuason Racing School intro class sa car racing....it really was an eye opening experience it was also overwhelming...i also have some experience sa karts..so to say it has a different aspect..you can really concentrate with racing not on heel n toe kc ung sa cars concentrate ka sa mga ganun pero sa karts mdyo mas madali....as they said mas makaka-concentrate ka sa basics..i suggest u take classes so u can experience the thrill and excitement...it can also make u enjoy everyday driving...:D:wink:

About aspiring racers...