New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i'm a ferrari fan but i think hindi na dapat na penalize si hamilton.

pero obviously, mahina sa wets yung dalawang ferrari drivers. nasanay sobra sa traction control.

at least massa was patient and logical enough not to push too hard at the end. otherwise, malang spin out din sya.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    While I think a penalty is harsh for Hamilton (IMO dapat drive thru penalty na lang so he retains a 2nd place), its good for the championship. Pero kitang kita who was the superior driver, its Hamilton. Cool and collected on difficult conditions so I remain my stand that if he wins this years championship he deserves it 100%.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think for Ferrari they should now start putting their weight to Massa, and make Raikkonen the supporting role with 19 pts difference from points leader Hamilton with 5 races I think tapos na si Raikkonen.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I think for Ferrari they should now start putting their weight to Massa, and make Raikkonen the supporting role with 19 pts difference from points leader Hamilton with 5 races I think tapos na si Raikkonen.
    i think so too. no point in supporting a guy who's lost his drive (figuratively and literally) to win. at least massa still has that hunger and willingness to challenge hamilton. it's gonna be a tight race to the championship once more!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Can you imagine if things happened a lap earlier, and FA had 2 laps with wet weather tyres?

Is LH's penalty due to his overtaking moves on KR? I'm much happier now, if the decision of LH's penalty is final. Go Massa!
    Si NH din pala,- nagpalit ng wet weather tyres.... Kita mo sa replay kung papaano sila nag-overtake kina SV and SB,- na parang "naglalakad sa yelo"...

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Agree with this, too. If the appeal is not going to be granted, FM will just be 2 points behind LH,- and RK will be 17(?) points behind... Ferrari should focus on FM's drive to challenge LH for the WDC. Mathematically, KR's chance is still possible, but FM as of this time is the most logical choice for them to support.

6707:choir:

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    As if God wrote the script for this season's Belgian GP Francorchamps. Only a divine director could have pulled off such a drama down the wire: There was rain, there was slick tyres, and there was Rosberg as a moving obstacle gremlin thrown in-between 2 nemesis fighting to the death. What more drama can you ask?

Truly, the best race of the season so far. Absolutely fantastic! More than compensated for the boring Valencia rat cage race the last time.

Although I work for the Scuderia as a volunteer Tifosi, that drive-through penalty on Hamilton (translated as a 25-second post race time deduction), was amusingly unbelievable. I think what the stewards wanted was for Lewis to have actually slowed down almost to a standstill and let Kimi through after he cut the chicane. That's crazy, as Kimi was already at full-throttle when he overtook Hamilton. As i see it, it was a clean overtaking maneuver.

My condolence to Sebastien Bourdais. A 3rd place, so near, yet so far. Atleast he took P1 in the 2nd session of Qualifying. His ass might get booted out next season anyway.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    This Tsikot forum website has become painfully slow. As a result, I have actually reduced my surfing time here by almost 98 percent. I even only manage to check this F1 thread only on race day, and have no more time (and patience) to check all the other threads like the way I used to.

The painfully slow bandwidth is a huge turn-off. It's really a shame (as what F1 drivers would love to say).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Truly a sad state of affairs when the stewards can't decide on a consistent penalty.

A few races back, Hamilton got penalized for overtaking after going off the track, whike Hekki was not penalized because, after Lewis' incident, he decided to cede the position after going off-track.

This race, Lewis cedes the position to Kimi. He visibly pulled aside and slowed down instead of blocking on the line. The only thing missing was a hand signal saying "go on, go on through." That Kimi couldn't bottle Hammie up at the following corner isn't Lewis' fault... it seems as if the stewards are saying: "If you accidentally go off-line, you should stop racing for half a lap as penance."

I would have been much happier with a grid penalty for the next race... even a five-place grid penalty would be okay... but for the race to be decided in this way while make a lot of people unhappy.

----

As for Kimi losing his drive? I'd thought so, too, until this race... Kimi was on fire... overtaking both Massa and Hammie in a lap-and-a-half. Too bad the conditions played to LH's favor, since the Ferrari seems a right handful in the rain. I don't think it's the Ferrari drivers' fault... from the start of the season, you could see that the great power of the Ferraris and water just don't mix well... seems like the McLaren is the more forgiving car... but then again, LH's style is much more suited to the rain than anyone else's... and his prayers were answered in the lsat few minutes of the race, as the rain came pouring down.

----

But Kimi's crash is pivotal in Ferrari's race strategy this season... if he'd have won, Ferrari would have to consider making him Driver #1... but his misfortune has pretty much sealed it in Massa's favor. Which is too bad... when Kimi is on the ball, he's definitely the better of the two drivers...

Both Ferrari drivers seem to have consistency issues. When Massa's good, he's really really good, and when he's bad, he's horrid. When Kimi's good, he's really really great, but when he's asleep, "Slow" is written on his forehead.
    Last edited by niky; September 8th, 2008 at 03:17 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    now I know what the F on F1 stands for... definitely not McLaren....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Has the appeal of McLaren been rejected? "What a shame!"......

I have not seen a clear definition on what was violated during that 'resumption' and 'overtaking' incident in the race

6707:choir:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2008 Formula 1 ING Belgian Grand Prix