New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Watching the qualifying right now.

Just watch Hamilton's first qualfying run. He seems like he's doing a "drift" (controlled slide) going around corners. First time Ive seen this. Well he did it last year too but Ive only seen Hamilton do this. Looks impressive indeed. Feels like watching a GT race than F1.

This is certainly a Hamilton signature move.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think the new rule on no traction control suits LH's skill on controlled slide et al....

First victim of this?,- FM,- in this season's second turn....

5606:jazzysax:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The McLarens are making a mincemeat of the Ferraris....

LH is 28sec ahead of KR, who is in 8th place. And at the tailend of the pack is FM...

(Ferrari blinked in that they have to recall FM into the pits for more fuel.... They should have done it earlier when he came in a few seconds ago for the change in the car's nose....)....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Congratulations to Nico Rosberg on his first podium win! Its about frickin time. With his skills he should have won ages ago but I guess his car kept putting him down.

Its impressive Alonso still managed to salvage 4th on a a less than competitive car.

I guess Raikkonen is back to his old tricks again. (Destroying cars that is) I really think they should design cars with Raikkonen in mind. And then have it certified as "Raikkonen-proof"...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

FA is indeed championship-caliber. Many dislike him because of his endless whining, but he definitely is a very competitive driver. McLaren's pace this year, according to a bunch of analysts, is mainly due to the technical inputs made by FA, when he was with them last year. I hope that Lover Boy Flavio's Renault Team would give FA the car he deserves.

Tough luck for HK. He could have been a podium finisher were if not for that high speed accident of TG and the release of the safety car, and his impending pitstop....

KR and FM? - both victims of the ban on traction control,- FM, in the second turn of this year's race, and KR,- when he tried to be aggressive in overtaking HK and one of his wheels got into the grass.... They should reengineer their driving styles....

Flawless drive from LH, NH and NR!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    No wonder the field started with 20 cars (or 22?) tapos the race finished with 7 cars.

For me, magandang development sa race ang no traction control.

Galing din ni FA, nakahabol mula sa likod ng grid. Daming errors ni KR.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Si Rubens Barichello ginto na naging bato pa. He is disqualified and thus promoting Kimi Raikkonen into the points even though he failed to finish. Such is the attrition in this race.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nice race! Kitang kita kung sino mga mr. suave at sino mga umaasa sa electronics

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Si Rubens Barichello ginto na naging bato pa. He is disqualified and thus promoting Kimi Raikkonen into the points even though he failed to finish. Such is the attrition in this race.

So he was black-flagged after all. Same as JPM some years ago, who drove into/out of the pitlane on a red light..... Sayang!

He was penalized earlier by spending 10sec stationary on a forced pitstop (drive thru).

The Malaysian GP will be this coming Sunday!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    No wonder the field started with 20 cars (or 22?) tapos the race finished with 7 cars.

For me, magandang development sa race ang no traction control.

Galing din ni FA, nakahabol mula sa likod ng grid. Daming errors ni KR.
    I think there's also something in the nature of the Ferrari... probably rather tricky to drive without traction control... but Kimi's first big mistake was the result of sheer bravado... while the second one was due to an inaccountable bout of forgetfulness.

Even if we consider Fernando finished 4 out of 8... note that he finished ahead of some much faster guys (Hekki)... in fact, his tit-for-tat with Hekki over the course of the race was one of the more enjoyable parts of the GP.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2008  Australian Grand Prix