New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    BTW I forgot to say good show to Fisi for getting 4th. Its a long ways to go but he's getting there...

So now McLaren is in hot water for deliberately weighing down Hamilton with 5 laps more gas so he would never catch Alonso. Well, well, how the tables have turned. An ALonso win, as chartered by the team. So that made the Hamilton fans as fools for cheering the entire race for a Hamilton win (without knowing Ron Dennis has already pre-decided on who should win).
    Wouldnt this be called fuel strategy? I think they use this all the time, i.e. differing the fuel loads on teammates car to maximize the chances that at least one of them would get a podium finish. Its not I repeat not like a teammate "deliberately" slowing his car down so that his ostensibly more famous teammate can pass him. Tsk Tsk. Why does that remind me of someone I used to know?

Which was why some "teams" (wink wink) wouldnt allow their cars radio to be played on-air during the race?

FIA investigation?, Yeah good luck with that.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    BTW I forgot to say good show to Fisi for getting 4th. Its a long ways to go but he's getting there...

Wouldnt this be called fuel strategy? I think they use this all the time, i.e. differing the fuel loads on teammates car to maximize the chances that at least one of them would get a podium finish. Its not I repeat not like a teammate "deliberately" slowing his car down so that his ostensibly more famous teammate can pass him. Tsk Tsk. Why does that remind me of someone I used to know?

Which was why some "teams" (wink wink) wouldnt allow their cars radio to be played on-air during the race?

FIA investigation?, Yeah good luck with that.
    hehehe, you really have a hard-on for Ferrari huh!

But I have to agree with you on this one, IMO McLaren is clear on this one and the allegations will not amount to anything more but an allegation.

If FIA come up with something that will result to penalties against McLaren, then it will be a very unpopular decision.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    what would happen to mclaren if found guilty? do the rest of the field move up? would massa take the win?

it was a great preformance though from the two drivers of mclaren. they lapped everyone except for massa's ferrari, and he was almost a minute down from lewis. what the heck did their engineers put on those cars?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... team orders could count as:

"Congratulations, guys, Fernando's on pole, Lewis is in the second slot... now try not to hit each other, guys..."

Michael's antics when he is behind Barrichelo notwithstanding , most team principals frown on drivers who try to play bump-cars with their team-mates.

It's bad news for Ferrari that they're so far behind McLaren on Monaco... which is a "handling" track... let's hope they bring "it" when they get to America... a championship's no fun if there's no fight for it. Frustrating, they've got the drivers that can do it, now...

The fact that Renault did well is heartening, too... but I doubt they'll get back to championship form unless they can pirate some better drivers...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Taken from the Official Formula 1 website:

"McLaren boss Ron Dennis admitted that the unusual strategic requirements at Monaco meant the team had to more or less decide in advance which driver would win the race, and Alonso and Hamilton were told to hold station in the latter stages of the Grand Prix."

There you go, folks. Straight from the horse's mouth. Let's not volunteer our own defense alibis to cover-up the crime that the suspect himself has admitted. For the thousands of Lewis Hamilton fans out there who were very excited to see whether he will be the first rookie in the history of F1 to win at Monaco, this admission (after the race was over) is nothing but highway robbery.

People are forced to commit crimes sometimes. So whether the alibi is a valid justification, it's for the FIA to decide.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I bet the FIA "investigation" is nothing more that a slap on the wrist, an idle threat to Ron Dennis not to open his big mouth next time. Of course FIA has to convey the impression that the F1 circus is beyond reproach. (Ah the hypocrissy)

Anyways Mclaren is not Renault, a wholly different team. I would credit Renault doing the right thing any day of the week. At least Flavio Briatorre didnt shoot his mouth off in the glory days of last year...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    I bet the FIA "investigation" is nothing more that a slap on the wrist, an idle threat to Ron Dennis not to open his big mouth next time. Of course FIA has to convey the impression that the F1 circus is beyond reproach. (Ah the hypocrissy)

Anyways Mclaren is not Renault, a wholly different team. I would credit Renault doing the right thing any day of the week. At least Flavio Briatorre didnt shoot his mouth off in the glory days of last year...

Hahaha! My favorite Lover Boy Flavio. I really missed his antics this year...

It looks like he has aged a lot.... Still thinking of the FA maneuver on him?- I'd say now that 'twas a brilliant move!.....

Although, FA on Renault is still IMO, championship-caliber....

2801:clap:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    And Kimi on Ferrari is not exactly 'made-in-heaven'.... He's got to shake the gremlin off his shoulder...

Wake-up guys! Ferrari should have the upperhand on all of these races because of their long experience with the Bridgestone tyres...

However, it looks like RD has really done his homework well ahead of the rest of the field... Pulled the rug under everyone else.....

2801:clap:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I guess RD's call to hold 1-2 position is a good call for a team principal. Although LH can win the race, it could have been costly for McLaren to lose 1 of its cars in the barrier. As we all know, Monaca is not a very forgiving race track. A small mistake can be very costly. McLaren is still longing for that elusive Constructors Championship. So why would RD sacrifice his 1-2 finish if the team can get maximize points without putting pressure on his drivers.

From RD's reactions re. team orders, he told the media that FA and LH can race anytime but not in Monaco. If you're in no 2 position, stay that way unless the one infront of you is not your teammate.

FIA should not be that sensitive. For the case of Austrian Grand Priz 2002, it was very clear that Rubens allowed MSC to pass him on the final straight to get the flag. Clearly an illegal race strategy. 1-2 was on their grasp but they still preferred to let Schumi pass RB to win the race I hate that

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Exactly the point... basically, RD's call was to tell the drivers not to take risks.

LH really did try to catch up with FA... but with cars so evenly matched, no way could he overtake him.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
2007 F1 MONACO Grand Prix