New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Now imagine how things would be if Raikkonen had stayed at McLaren and Alonso had gone to Ferrari...

hmmm.... let's see :fortune: I see more mechanical gremlins for Mclaren if Kimi stayed with them.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's weird, huh? but those are the ups-and-downs of racing. McLaren had excellent mechanical reliability (compared to recent years) when Mikka Hakinnen was in top form... but one model change later, they were struggling with more gremlins than a Hollywood ensemble cast in a cheesy B-Movie comedy. I think that was Hakinnen's last year.

Still, it's frustrating that we'll never find out if Kimi can actually do it... or if he ever could.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    McLaren team is really a different team this season. They are always a newsmaker, specially with LH who's doing a very spectacular starting career and still making a history for F1.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Has anyone noticed? Princess Caroline gave Lewis Hamilton a kiss on both cheeks after getting his trophy, while she only gave a handshake to both Alonso and Massa.

Am I missing something here? :cheekkiss:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Uh... Lewis is younger and cuter?... Kailan ang replay?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Princess Caroline falling for Dude Hamilton? All 3 on the podium are eligible bachelors.....

2801:clap:

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I guess young, black studs are hot. And besides, I think Alonso and Massa were smelly and didn't use any deodorant.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    So now McLaren is in hot water for deliberately weighing down Hamilton with 5 laps more gas so he would never catch Alonso. Well, well, how the tables have turned. An ALonso win, as chartered by the team. So that made the Hamilton fans as fools for cheering the entire race for a Hamilton win (without knowing Ron Dennis has already pre-decided on who should win).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    So now McLaren is in hot water for deliberately weighing down Hamilton with 5 laps more gas so he would never catch Alonso. Well, well, how the tables have turned. An ALonso win, as chartered by the team. So that made the Hamilton fans as fools for cheering the entire race for a Hamilton win (without knowing Ron Dennis has already pre-decided on who should win).
    Bro,- can you share the link on this news, please?

Hhmmm... profound!

2801:clap:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    McLaren's Monaco results in doubt?

The McLaren-Mercedes accomplished a one-two finish at the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday, with double World Champion Fernando Alonso taking victory ahead of rookie team-mate Lewis Hamilton.

When it appeared that both drivers had received instructions to avoid risks and not to attempt a change in positions, Team Principal Ron Dennis had to explain that the particular urban track characteristics of Monaco demanded such an approach.

"We do not favour anybody. There will be times and places when they are free to race, but this isn't one of them," declared Dennis, adding that he would have been considered an 'idiot' had he allowed his drivers to fight on the tight Monte Carlo streets.

The circuit is well-known for being the riskiest event on which to overtake, as such duels may often end up with at least one car in the barriers.

On Sunday, both McLarens were clearly at the head of the pack and Ron Dennis had no intention of losing precious Championship points for his team.

"I don't like to slow drivers down, I don't like them to be frustrated but it is the way you have to win the Monaco Grand Prix," he said.

Team orders are illegal in Formula One to avoid any interference in the sport and the spectacle. However, Ron Dennis was adamant: "We don't have team orders - we had a strategy to win this race."

But the turmoil over the interpretation of team orders is far from over, as governing authorities have decided to take a closer look.

"The FIA has launched an investigation into incidents involving the McLaren Mercedes team at the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix in light of a possible breach of the International Sporting Code. The relevant evidence is under review and a further announcement will be made in due course," reads the press release.

It seems Ron Dennis still has some explaining to do...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
2007 F1 MONACO Grand Prix