New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I know that we are all waiting for the decision of the FIA regarding the McLaren-Ferrari Scandal, which has overshadowed this important Grand Prix.

However, I would like to remind our fellow F1 enthusiasts that we are facing another race weekend:

14th Sept - Friday - 4PM, 8PM - Practice
    15th Sept Saturday - 5PM - Practice
    Saturday - 8PM - Qualifying
    16th Sept Sunday - 8PM - Race Day

If not available on Star Sports/ ESPN cable channels, then try your P2P....

3808:fish:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mclaren hit by Constructors' ban! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/6991147.stm

McLaren hit by constructors' ban

Lewis Hamilton and team-mate Fernando Alonso keep their points
    McLaren have been stripped of their points in the 2007 Formula One constructors' championship after the outcome of the 'spygate' row.
    The team was also fined a record $100m (£49.2m), which includes any prize and television money they would have earned from the constructors' championship.

But drivers Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso can keep their points.

The team must also prove there is no Ferrari 'intellectual property' in their cars next year before racing.

The decision means Ferrari, who are currently second in the constructors' championship, 57 points ahead of third-placed BMW Sauber are almost certain to be crowned champions.

When he left the hearing, FIA president Max Mosley was asked if justice had been done, and replied "Yes."
    what a sad day for Mclaren! tsk.. tsk..
    Last edited by dxx_ddf; September 14th, 2007 at 01:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    OT: I think everyone who came out of that building have some degree of satisfaction... That's justice for these guys.....

Now, on with the Belgian Grand Prix with LH leading the driver's pack, and FA, KR and FM in hot pursuit.......

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dxx_ddf View Post
    Mclaren hit by Constructors' ban! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/6991147.stm

what a sad day for Mclaren! tsk.. tsk..
    OT: Isa pang hirit....

McLaren escaped the harshest possible penalty, as FIA could have kicked the team and its drivers out of the 2007 and 2008 championships. In December, FIA will decide on any possible sanctions against McLaren for the 2008 season.

FIA said it did not penalize McLaren's drivers "due to exceptional circumstances" because they provided evidence in exchange for immunity.

OMG! $100M... how will LH & FA race if they dont have a car? or they can use their cars but no points for mclaren if just in case they won again.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't think Ron Dennis will stop supporting his drivers... it will probably give him satisfaction to see his cars win races even if he doesn't get any points for it, officially.

It's a sad day for McLaren. Now that they're really back in form, this just had to happen. I bet Ron wishes he'd never heard the name "Stepney", now...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ehem... guys... :offtopic: na kayo.

here's the mclarengate thread: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42151

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ferrari expecting to fight back at Spa

Ferrari is confident it will be back in the hunt for race victory in Belgium this weekend following its defeat on home soil to title rival McLaren.

The Italian squad’s title hopes were dealt a major blow by the British team’s 1-2 finish at Monza and, pending the outcome of Thursday’s World Motor Sport Council hearing, now faces an uphill challenge to win either world crown.

But the Scuderia is at least confident that Formula 1’s return to Spa-Francorchamps will coincide with an upturn in its own form, with the team’s chief designer Nikolas Tombazis expecting the circuit’s series of sweeping high-speed corners to bring out the best in the F2007.

"Generally speaking, Spa is the type of circuit where the performance difference between the cars gets amplified,” Tombazis said.

“Compared to the circuits where we have been quite strong, Spa has actually got a lower level of downforce, so cars have higher top speeds with less downforce.

“But nonetheless, in common with the tracks that appear to have suited us, Spa also has some very high speed corners, which do stress the tyres quite a lot and that, for us is a positive aspect.

“Furthermore, with long straights there is also a high emphasis on engine power here.

“I think all in all, I am hopeful we can be quite competitive here with the F2007."

The two title rivals were closely matched when they tested at the revamped venue in July, with McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton narrowly edging out Ferrari’s Felipe Massa to set the week’s fastest time.

Tombazis’s confidence in the weekend ahead is strengthened by Ferrari’s testing form, although he points out that both teams have since further developed their respective challengers.

“I am reasonably optimistic that it will suit the strong points of our car," he said.

"We were looking not too bad when we had our first ever Spa test session back in July.

“However, the cars have evolved since then and therefore it's difficult to know exactly which of two teams - ourselves and our nearest rivals - has made the most progress since then.

“But I am reasonably optimistic."

Well, McLaren and Ferrari are 'evenly-matched' here in Spa-Francorchamps...

It looks like it will be another exciting race weekend for all of us.....

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    This is my most favorite race circuit in the calendar. SPA!!!!

I'm more than happy that it's about to be played this weekend. It's been a long wait!!!

The last time Formula One was here at SPA, this was what happened:

Ahhhh! The memories ......

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    OT: Ron Dennis has dismissed the possibility that the record 100-million-dollar fine imposed on his team by the International Motoring Federation (FIA) for spying on the Ferrari team will cripple them financially. The fine, part of the punishment for McLaren’s role in the ‘Spygate’ drama, will be partially offset by the prize money the team has won so far this season, thought to be around the 50 million dollar mark.

Nick Heidfeld sits in the pits of the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack in Spa, during the second practice session of the Belgium Formula One Grand Prix.
    German Toyota driver Ralf Schumacher
    View of the McLaren-Mercedes motorhome
    Lewis Hamilton drives in front of his teammate, Fernando Alonso

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2007 F1 Belgian Grand Prix (Spa-Francorchamps)